Cycloidal drives makerMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
You can find the add-in under the GEARS panel in SHWIVEL tab of the DESIGN workspace.
For creating gears you have to run this add-in. The window has default parameters so you don't need to set them at the start.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk® App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Navigate to the ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
All files created and used the plugin should be located in the TEMP directory. If your user doesn't have read/write permissions to this directory, files won't be created but you'll be informed (on the "Information" tab) what you should do. Files created and used by the plugin are:
last_used_parameters.json - contains settings for last used parameters; it is useful when you want to repeat operation for the same values without setting all the fields once again,
Statistics.json - contains times in milliseconds of most important operations performed by the plugin; it is used for estimating time,
Error_YYMMDD_HHmmss.json, Stacktrace_YYMMDD_HHmmss.txt - contains information about last used parameters and the exact place in code where the problem occurred; it is used for searching causes of errors,
Apart from version checking, no other Internet communication is done by the plugin. User data that are stored (only in case of errors) are paths of directories. This is a natural consequence of how the logging stores stack trace of errors. It is a normal and common behavior in all programming languages and technologies and it helps to search the cause of error in files and to find solutions.
In case of error, you'll be informed by a dialog window, where exactly files have been written. There can be two of them: Error_YYMMDD_HHmmss.json with last used parameters and Stacktrace_YYMMDD_HHmmss.txt with information about the place in the program where exactly the problem occurred. You can easily check the content of the files using the simplest text editors. If you want me to reproduce the error you can send these files to me (as an attachment or as text) but it's your decision if you want to.
- The installer isn't recognized - check if proper OS file (Win/Mac) is downloaded;
- The download button isn’t visible but you’ve paid - refresh the site and login again;
- For Mac users: plugin cannot be started – solution: here and here (reinstalling Fusion 360 and the plugin may be necessary);
- The installer may be treated as not trusted because files aren't signed digitally - try to expand options and let the OS trust and install it;
- Check whether the plugin is dedicated for your program (Fusion 360) and you have no limitations;
- If the plugin cannot be started, please check if its start is set to automatic. You can also check if there’s no Modules\__pycache__ folder in the plugin’s directory. If so, delete it and try to run the plugin or restart Fusion 360.
In case of other problems, please send a mail to email@example.com (response would take few hours in a workday or one to two days during the weekend - see working hours in the Consulting Services section in the shop site.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|**Version 1.0.1 (2020-10-20):** Fixed: * the plugin doesn't work - errors of incompatibility with new API, * bolt's diameter wasn't updated during changing eccentricity Changed: * range of backlash increased to 0.1mm (0.004in)|