Shaper UtilitiesMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
Once the design is modeled suitably for cutting with Origin, in modeling mode, press the Shaper button in the design environment> Utilities >
The export panel will be presented prompting you to select a face to define an "up" facing surface. Origin will be cutting from on the body you wish to export. The add-in will automatically identify all cutting geometry facing "up", identifying the cut type necessary to produce them.
Pressing "OK" will prompt for an export file name and destination directory, the name of the selected body is pre-populated as the file name.
The file exported is a correctly scaled, named and color-coded SVG file ready to cut with Origin. Place the file on a thumb drive, or upload to "myhub" and begin cutting right away.
For complete instructions, hit the ? button in the bottom left corner of the app panel.
Double-click the downloaded installer from Autodesk App Store to install the app/plug-in.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Navigate to the ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
Improvements in 1.6.9
- construction geometry can now be exported as guides
- solved issue with exporting control point splines
Improvements in 1.6.8
- resolves an issue reported with the save dialog disappearing
- resolves an issue with some details failing to export
- resolves and issue with the order of solid body layout exports
- sketch exports now export construction lines as guides
- sketch exports now support test as a guide
Improvements in 1.6.3
resolved error with German / French exports failing
Improvements in 1.6.2
- localization. ( French / German / English will display depending on your language preference. )
- Optionally export sketched text as “guides” ( for when you want to leave uncuttable notes )
- Accessible from Manufacturing mode. ( take advantage of fusions simplify > defeature and nesting abilities )
- Stroke thickness now renders appropriately in all 2d vector editing apps
- Open stroke legibility improved with rounded corners. ( note that this does not impact the cut outcome, merely how it looks more closely matches how it cuts. )
- The help icon works correctly on Mac.
- Forms that are not designed with 2.5d fabrication in mind may fail to export or have unexpected outcomes. (consider using manufacturing > simplify > defeature to prepare a design for export)
- Solid body/layout advanced export mode requires that geometry is wider in X/Y than it is in Z for it to be selectable for export.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|added the ability to optionally export sketch construction geometry as guides + bug fixes|