Bevel gears maker (Basic)Mac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
You can find the add-in under the GEARS panel in SHWIVEL tab of DESIGN workspace.
For creating gears you have to run this add-in. The window has default parameters so you don't need to set them at the start.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Navigate to ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash, or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
The plugin creates a directory inside your Autodesk® Fusion 360™ installation folder. This directory contains files with last used parameters provided by the user, statistics and error files (if occurred). The Name of the folder is Bevel_gears_maker_(bas)_settings. All files inside are regular JSON's so you can open, edit and check them by simplest text editors in any OS.
No user data are stored and no Internet communication is done by the plugin.
In case of error, you'll be informed by a dialog window, where exactly the file has been written. As mentioned, you can easily check the file content using the simplest text editors. If you want me to reproduce the error you can send this file to me (as an attachment or as text) but it's your decision if you want to.
The program has been tested for over 50 cases with various sets of parameters. Most of the errors have been found and fixed but it doesn't mean that they won't appear for some configurations. Generally, all of them have their source in the way how bodies are joining/cutting together and strongly depends on the general precision set in Autodesk® Fusion 360™ preferences. When you encounter an error, first try to slightly change the parameters (if possible), for example, set dimension as 10.58 instead of 10.577, etc. If this doesn't help, contact me.
- You have any questions,
- The script does not work as expected,
- Cause errors,
- You have requests for new options.
Please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Version Number||Version Description|
|**Version 3.0.0 (2020-03-16)**
* 1:1 shaft available (same number of teeth for pinion and wheel),
* functionality merged with *medium* version and extended,
* customized shaft angle,
* customized tooth's width,
* menu section at the top,
* save, load, reset moved from bottom to menu,
* preview (none, 3D, 3D with descriptions),
* adding joints (revolute and slider),
* displaying estimated time,
* process can be canceled,
* axis in gears (exact center for further processing),
* descriptions in components (motion link formulas, parameters),
* motion link formulas both for pinion and wheel in components' descriptions,
* autoloading parameters
* better algorithm for generating tooth's profile no matter it is with undercut or not,
* no need to set clearance per pinion and wheel separately (root fillet radiuses removed),
* 1:1 shaft is now available (pinion and wheel have the same number of teeth),
* range of module (m): <0.5 ... 40> [mm],
* range of pressure angle (α): <14.5 ... 25> [°],
* range of clearance factor (fc): <0.1 ... 0.25>,
* range of shaft angle (Σ): <10 ... 160> [°],
* switch for automatic tooth width or not,
* tooth width (b):