OctoPrint for Autodesk® Fusion 360™Mac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Run Fusion 360
2. Load this Add-In
3. Create a part in the Design Workspace.
4. Create a new Setup with a FFF printer in the Manufacture Workspace.
5. Generate a toolpath for your design (the Send Toolpath command will then become visible).
6. Repeat the above if multiple setups or parts are required
7. Connect Fusion to your OctoPrint server instance using the Settings command.
Enter your OctoPrint server's IP address and API key. Check the 'Setting up OctoPrint' section below if you need help finding these.
8. Send the print job to the printer using Send Toolpath command.
1. Select your printing machine from those configured on OctoPrint using 'Profile'.
2. Choose the File Name of your toolpath file.
3. Choose a file to save your Post Configuration.
4. Choose an output folder to save your toolpath .gcode.
9. Check on status of print by using the Print Status command.
Setting up OctoPrint
Before using any command you should:
- Have OctoPrint installed on the device that will host the server
- Go through the initial OctoPrint setup
- Create a profile for your printer
- Find your server's IP address and API key
For more information on how to do this visit: https://octoprint.org/download/
Install the server on your Raspberry Pi or scroll down to install manually on Linux/Mac/Windows.
To find your API key access the OctoPrint web interface after launching a server and go to Settings->API.
Overview of Supported Commands
Settings command to configure the connection to an instance of an OctoPrint server.
Print Status command to view the status of an ongoing print.
Send Toolpath command used to start a print on the printer connected to the OctoPrint server.
An existing installation of Octoprint (Download and Installation instructions here: https://octoprint.org/download/)
1.Download the installer from Autodesk App Store.
2.Right-click on the "Downloads" folder and select "Open in Finder".
3.Right-click on the "OctoPrint_for_Fusion360_macos.pkg" -> "Open With" -> "Installer".
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
- Navigate to the ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed
|Version Number||Version Description|
|2nd release of the OctoPrint Addin for Fusion360|