HP 3D Printers for Autodesk® Fusion 360™Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Download and Install HP SmartStream from https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-smartstream-software-for-hp-jet-fusion-3d-printers/15831735 (The correct installer is "HP SmartStream 3D Build Manager for HP Jet Fusion 3D Printer software package")
(See "Setting up HP SmartStream" in the "Additional Information" section)
- Run Fusion 360
- Load this AddIn (see "Additional Information" section)
- Create a part in the Design Workspace
- Switch to the "Manufacture" Workspace and activate the "Additive" Tab
- Open the "Setup" Dialog
- Create a new additive setup with "HP Virtual Printer" (Additive Operation Type) in the Manufacture Workspace. The printer is located in the "Fusion 360 Library" list
- The HP 3D Printers for Fusion 360 AddIn supports all HP printers (Jet Fusion 3D 3200 and 4200 Printer Series, Jet Fusion 3D 5210 Printer and Jet Fusion 3D 300 and 500 Printer Series)
- Click the "Send Jobs to HP SmartStream" Button in the "Additive" toolbar located in the "Actions" ribbon of the Manufacture Workspace
- HP SmartStream opens and loads the job from Fusion 360 for further processing and sending to the printer
Double-click the downloaded installer from Autodesk App Store to install the app/plug-in.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
- go to 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
- OR, rerun the installer and select the "Uninstall" button.
Setting up HP SmartStream
Before using the HP 3D Printers AddIn you have to install the HP SmartStream Application:
- Navigate to https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-smartstream-software-for-hp-jet-fusion-3d-printers/15831735 with the web browser of your choice
- Download "HP SmartStream 3D Build Manager for HP Jet Fusion 3D Printer software package" located under the "Application-Solutions" dropdown
- Install the software and connect it to your printer
- see https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-smartstream-software-for-hp-jet-fusion-3d-printers/15831735/swItemId/pl-224187-1 for details on installing and setting up
Starting the Add-In
The HP 3D Printers for Fusion 360 Add-In can be started manually in the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog after installation by selecting the "HP_3DPrinters" Add-In and clicking the "Run" button. It is also possible to always start the Add-In on startup of Fusion 360 by checking the "Run on Startup" checkbox
Overview of Supported Commands
Send Job to HP SmartStream: Open a job in the HP SmartStream Application for further processing and sending to the printer.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Improvements: - added addin localization (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese)|
|Fixes in this release: - Fix hanging Fusion when creating drawing from Design Workspace and Add-In is running|