Worm Drive MakerMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
You can find the add-in under the GEARS panel in SHWIVEL tab of the DESIGN workspace.
For creating gears you have to run this add-in. The window has default parameters so you don't need to set them at the start.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Navigate to ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
All files created and used the plugin should be located in the plugin directory. If your user doesn't have read/write permissions to this directory, files won't be created but you'll be informed (on the "Information" tab) what you should do. Files created and used by the plugin are:
last_used_parameters.json - contains settings for last used parameters; it is useful when you want to repeat shaft for the same values without setting all the fields once again,
Statistics.json - contains times in milliseconds of most important operations performed by the plugin; it is used for estimating time,
Error_YYMMDD_HHmmss.json, Stacktrace_YYMMDD_HHmmss.txt - contains information about last used parameters and exact place in code where the problem occurred; it is used for searching causes of errors,
./docs/*.html - contains documentation about the plugin, this file should be attached in the installation package; it is used for displaying information when you're working offline.
No Internet communication is done by the plugin. The only user data which are stored (only in case of errors) are paths of directories. This is a natural consequence of how the logging stores stack trace of errors. It is a normal and common behavior in all programming languages and technologies and it helps to search the cause of error in files and to find solutions.
In case of error, you'll be informed by a dialog window, where exactly files have been written. There can be two of them: Error_YYMMDD_HHmmss.json with last used parameters and Stacktrace_YYMMDD_HHmmss.txt with information about the place in the program where exactly the problem occurred. You can easily check the content of the files using the simplest text editors. If you want me to reproduce the error you can send these files to me (as an attachment or as text) but it's your decision if you want to.
The program has been tested for many cases with various sets of parameters. Most of the errors have been found and fixed but it doesn't mean that they won't appear for some configurations. When you encounter an error, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (response would take few hours in a workday or one to two days during the weekend - see working hours in the Consulting Services section in shop site.
- If installer file isn't recognized, check if you downloaded file for your OS (Win/Mac),
- If you don't see download button but you paid to try to refresh site and login again,
- Some Mac users reported that they don't see plugin after installation; post about it is here,
- The installer may be treated as not trusted because files aren't signed digitally; especially when file are new (updates) there are only a few people who downloaded it for test purposes, so why such information may be displayed; in case of this, try to expand options and let the OS trust and install it,
- Check whether the plugin is dedicated to your program (Fusion 360) and you have no limitations.
If you have questions or plugin doesn't work as expected or cause errors please send mail to email@example.com.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|**Version 2.2.3 (2021-05-09):** Fixed: * errors of incompatibility with new API|