Structural MemberWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
The app will appear in the CREATE panel of the MODEL workspace.
How to use
Structural member command:
- Create a skeleton sketch, in which lines and curves will be used as reference geometry for inserting structural members.
- Start the command.
- Select structural members.
1. Select the sketch line or curve
2. Name the structural member (example: AAAA0001 minimum 4 letters and 4 numbers)
3. Select a standard
4. Select family
5. Select size
6. Select thickness/weight
7. The orientation of the member
8. Select desired rotation in degrees
9. Select desired offset by X-axis in mm (the user can override by writing “in” after the desired offset value)
10. Select desired offset by Y-axis in mm (the user can override by writing “in” after the desired offset value)
4. If the selection is valid the user will see a visualization of the result. If the user presses the OK button the new structural member will be added as a new body in the main component. The name of the body will be the given name followed by the standard, the family, the size, and the length of the member (example: AAAA0001 GB_EN PFC 100.0x50.0 L=2500.0).
5. If the user starts the command again the default selection for standard, family, size, and thickness/weight will be the same as the previously inserted member. The name will also be the same plus the number incremented by one (example: AAAA0001 the second member will be given the name AAAA0002).
The length update function is used to update the length in the members’ names after a change has been done.
The user can switch between the Metric and Imperial system of measurement for the length displayed in the body’s name.
- Select two members upon execution a miter joint is created between them.
Important! Miter command will work on members inserted with structural member v1.1 or higher.
Important! If you promote the bodies from the main component to a new component the miter command will not work. Promote the bodies when you finish end treatment editing using miter.
Trim/extend members to selected face command
- Select the desired face or plane.
- Select members that you want to trim/extend to the selected face.
Important! Trim/extend command will work on members inserted with structural member v1.1 or higher.
Important! If you promote the bodies from the main component to a new component the trim/extend command will not work. Promote the bodies when you finish editing with trim/extend command.
- Select a tool member
- Select member or members that you want to notch.
- Upon execution, the profile of the tool member is cut through all selected members.
Important! Notch command will work on members inserted with structural member v1.1 or higher.
Important! If you promote the bodies from the main component to a new component the notch command will not work. Promote the bodies when you finish editing with a notch command.
Export cutting list command
Upon execution, the command creates an excel file on your desktop containing a list of all used members and stack them together by type and length.
Important! Be careful members created by copying will be included in the list but members created by using pattern or mirror will not (for now).
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialogue.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
Or, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
The standards used for the structural members shapes are as follows
GB-EN – United Kingdom
DIN-EN – Germany
EN - European Standard
ANSI-AISC – USA
More standards may be added later.
7 days trial available on request.
Although great care has been taken to ensure, to the best of my knowledge, that all data and information contained herein are accurate, TracianCAD assumes no responsibility for any errors in or misinterpretations of such data and/or information or any loss or damage arising from or related to their use.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions regarding the structural member add-in.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- 3D sketches can be used now to insert structural members - Notch feature, interface improvement - Cutting list feature, length cells populated only with numbers (L= is removed) - Minor bug fixes|
|- Trim/Extend command can use plane or face. - Miter command added - Notch command added - Export cutting list command added|
|- Added new command Trim/Extend members to the selected face. - Length update function improved.|