General Usage Instructions
Once installed, the JoinerCAD extension may be opened either from the Autodesk® Fusion 360™ toolbar or simply by switching the work environment.
Using JoinerCAD you need to design furniture geometry by using standard Fusion 360 tools together with JoinerCAD Skeleton Design functionality, which accelerates 3D design process significantly.
Once done, now it is time to assign various woodworking attributes to your designed 3D furniture geometry:
- Create and Assign certain Fill material groups to parts rather than specific materials, which can be specified in more detail in BOM by assigning the manufacturer, code, color etc.
- Create and Assign Cover materials in the same way as filling materials. However, cover material group types may be assigned only to those parts that already have the fill material group assigned in JoinerCAD. Cover materials also can be specified in more detail in BOM by assigning the manufacturer, code, color etc.
- Turn the Texture direction of assigned Fill material or Cover material groups. Use the Oversize control tool. It allows setting the dimensions of the workpiece, which will be used to make the part.
- Insert the Intelligent Hardware in the model and generate Holes. JoinerCAD extension has its own hardware database containing standard and most common joints. You can also design your own hardware, but it has to be processed so that it can be recognized by the BOM generator of JoinerCAD extension.
- Use JoinerCAD BOM generator. It provides comprehensive, clear and well-structured information. BOM shows material groups assigned to the model, their workpieces with oversize, hardware and all other essential values, which may be represented in the BOM or not at the user's choice.
- Before exporting BOM to MS Excel or Google Drive Spreadsheet, elaborate on the Fill material groups, Cover material groups and Hardware used in the model, i.e., replace their entries with specific materials and other information, if necessary.
- Export BOM to MS Excel or Google Drive Spreadsheet and use data to start the production.
- Make Drawing with designed model independent copy. it allows to design similar product with modified dimensions in a very fast way.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the exe to install the app.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|FIXED - Issues related with license. Some users had an error while they were trying to sign in and activate JoinerCAD. Now these issues were solved. FIXED - Internal user recognition mechanisms were tweaked, now it should work more stable. FIXED - If the user had Fusion 360 timeline turned off, some functions were not working. Now you will get exact message which will say then the user has to turn on the timeline. FIXED - Miter command from Skeleton design performed incorrectly in a specific situation. Now you will get a message if these situations appear and what you need to do. FIXED - During some circumstances users were not allowed to upload JoinerCAD samples. If these circumstances perform, the user will get a message and what you need to do. FIXED - If the user was working in a Fusion 360 Teams, and did not have permissions for new project creation, user was getting an error, now you will get the message which will indicate that error and what you need to do.|