General Usage Instructions
Once installed, the JoinerCAD extension may be opened either from the Autodesk® Fusion 360™ toolbar or simply by switching the work environment.
Using JoinerCAD you need to design furniture geometry by using standard Fusion 360 tools together with JoinerCAD Skeleton Design functionality, which accelerates 3D design process significantly.
Once done, now it is time to assign various woodworking attributes to your designed 3D furniture geometry:
- Create and Assign certain Fill material groups to parts rather than specific materials, which can be specified in more detail in BOM by assigning the manufacturer, code, color etc.
- Create and Assign Cover materials in the same way as filling materials. However, cover material group types may be assigned only to those parts that already have the fill material group assigned in JoinerCAD. Cover materials also can be specified in more detail in BOM by assigning the manufacturer, code, color etc.
- Turn the Texture direction of assigned Fill material or Cover material groups. Use the Oversize control tool. It allows setting the dimensions of the workpiece, which will be used to make the part.
- Insert the Intelligent Hardware in the model and generate Holes. JoinerCAD extension has its own hardware database containing standard and most common joints. You can also design your own hardware, but it has to be processed so that it can be recognized by the BOM generator of JoinerCAD extension.
- Use JoinerCAD BOM generator. It provides comprehensive, clear and well-structured information. BOM shows material groups assigned to the model, their workpieces with oversize, hardware and all other essential values, which may be represented in the BOM or not at the user's choice.
- Before exporting BOM to MS Excel or Google Drive Spreadsheet, elaborate on the Fill material groups, Cover material groups and Hardware used in the model, i.e., replace their entries with specific materials and other information, if necessary.
- Export BOM to MS Excel or Google Drive Spreadsheet and use data to start the production.
- Make Drawing with designed model independent copy. it allows to design similar product with modified dimensions in a very fast way.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the exe to install the app.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10/11), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|FIXED - Software update mechanism|