Dovetail-ProMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
To open the extension, go to the "SOLID" section. You can either click on the following icon in the toolbar, or click on the link in the "Edit" menu.
The selected solids must either completely overlap or not overlap at all. A partial overlap will create an inconsistent result.
The preview of the assembly result takes some time to display. By default, it is disabled, but just check the "Preview result" box to enable it.
When selecting the second solid, the assembly height is automatically calculated. However, you can modify this height, which may be useful for half-blind dovetails.
Dovetail joint assembly
In this mode, you can create a dovetail joint assembly by specifying all measurements except the tail width, which will be automatically calculated based on the length of the assembly and the parameters you have entered in the command window.
You can enter:
- The number of tails
- The width of the shoulder
- The spacing between tails
- The height (calculated when selecting the solids but can be modified)
- The angle of the tails (the proposed angles are the most common in this type of assembly)
In this mode, you can create a finger joint by specifying the number of tails and a tail height (calculated when selecting the solids).
The width of the tails will be automatically calculated by the extension.
This type of joint allows you to meet more specific needs. You can modify any dimension if you wish or let the extension calculate it for you.
Like the other joint modes, you will find the angle parameter for the dovetails and the height parameter which can be modified (calculated when selecting both solids).
When you activate this type of joint, you will find a table with the elements that make it up.
- Offsets (top and bottom): Offsets allow you to offset the tails on the height of the joint (useful for creating joints at the back of drawers, for example).
- Spacing: These are the spaces between tails. These spaces are added and removed automatically with the tails.
- Tails: You can select the type of tail you want to create via a drop-down menu.
Offsets cannot be removed. You just need to enter their value to zero to make them inactive.
To add a new tail, click on the "Add" button. The program will automatically add the tail with space on either side.
To delete a tail, click on the "Delete" button next to it in the table. This will delete the tail but also any excess spaces.
You can manually enter a width by unchecking "auto" and entering the desired value.
If the sum of the entered values exceeds the length of the joint, a warning will appear in the "Length" field indicating the excess value.
See detailed product description here https://woodsoul.fr/faddins/dovetail-pro/mac.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Woodsoul - Dovetail-Pro
Command allowing access to all the features of the extension.
1. Download the installer from Autodesk App Store.
2. Right-click on the "Downloads" folder and select "Open in Finder".
3. Right-click on the "DovetailPro_macos.pkg" -> "Open With" -> "Installer".
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360®.
- Navigate to ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
Does not detect if the two selected solids partially overlap, creating an inconsistent result in this case.
These issues will be fixed in future updates.
- Company: Woodsoul
- Developer: Emmanuel OLIVE
If you encounter any issues while using this application or want to suggest modifications, please contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Add a feature for inserting a configurable clearance into the assembly|