EOSPRINT for Autodesk® Fusion 360™Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
If desired acquire/download and install EOSPRINT software. Please use the existing license you purchased with the EOS 3D Printer. (https://my.eos.info/)
- Download and install Fusion 360 software. (https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/)
- Run Fusion 360
- Go to the Extensions dialog and gain access to the “Additive Build” extension.
o You can use the 14-day trial, or
o Subscribe to the “Additive Build” extension: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/additive-build-extension
- Load this AddIn (see "Additional Information" section)
- Create a component in the “Design” Workspace or open a design that was previously created.
- Switch to the "Manufacture" workspace and switch to the "Additive" Tab
- Open the "Setup" Dialog
- Create a new Setup (operation type = Additive) with any EOS Metal System. EOS 3D Metal printers will be listed in the "Fusion 360 Library".
- Select a print setting associated with the selected printer from the Fusion 360 library of print settings.
Once an additive setup is created and part arrangement actions are complete, you will see a new panel named “EOS” on the Additive tab with seven EOS related commands.
Overview of Supported Commands
1) Configure EOS machine connectivity:
a. Add a machine: Adds machine(s) to create a library of EOS 3D printers in Fusion 360.
b. Edit machine: Edits the Machine name, Host name, and description of an existing machine.
c. Export Machine: Saves the machine configuration of the selected machine as a “*.eosmachineinformation” file on disk.
d. Import Machine: Loads a previously created “*.eosmachineinformation” to the local instance of Fusion 360.
e. Delete Machine: Removes a previously created EOS machine from the local instance of Fusion 360.
f. Select Machine: Connect Fusion 360 to the selected EOS machine within the Machine Management list.
2) Calculate build time: Requires a machine to be selected from the Machine Management list, accessible within the Configure EOS machine connectivity command. Slices the active Fusion 360 Additive setup. The App uses the EOSPRINT algorithm to calculate and display the build time information. Displays the calculated Exposure time, Recoating time, and Total time.
3) Send build file to EOSPRINT: Slices the active Fusion 360 Additive setup, launches the latest version of EOSPRINT installed/licensed on the same computer and transfers the sliced job (*.openjz) to EOSPRINT.
4) Create EOS Task file: Requires a machine to be selected from the Machine Management list, accessible within the Configure EOS machine connectivity command. Slices the active Fusion 360 Additive setup. Allows the user to enter a “Task Name” and “Task Comment”. Creates the EOS Task and transfers the task to the previously selected EOS system to be printed.
5) Import customized Material Sets from EOSPRINT:
a. Load from disk: Displays the File: Open dialog to load a “*.eospar” file manually.
b. Refresh list: Refreshes the listed Material Sets.
c. Selecting an EOS Material Set: Displays name, version, material, layer thickness, and model type for the selected Material Set.
i. Import print setting into Fusion: Based on the EOSPRINT Material Set selected, creates a Fusion 360 print setting and assigns it to the active Additive setup document. If you access the Print settings library located in the Manufacture workspace, Additive tab, and Manage panel, you will locate the imported print setting in the “Document” section. You can select the imported print setting and copy/ paste it to your local or cloud folders within the “My print settings” section.
ii. Create Print setting file: Creates a Fusion 360 print set based on the selected EOSPRINT Material Sets and saves it locally to your computer as a (*.printsetting) file, so you can manually add it to your print setting library or share it with others within your organization.
6) Order Metal Powder: Launches a web browser with EOS Store: Metal powders webpage preloaded. (https://store.eos.info/collections/powders?sort_by=manual&filter.p.product_type=Metal+Powder)
7) Take Certified Online EOS Training: Launches a web browser with EOS Store: Training webpage preloaded. (https://store.eos.info/pages/additive-minds-academy)
Double-click the downloaded installer from Autodesk App Store to install the app/plug-in.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
- Go to 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features', just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
- OR, rerun the installer and select the "Uninstall" button.
This app is geared towards print preparation for EOS 3D Metal printers. If you create a Fusion 360 Additive setup with an EOS Polymer (SLS) 3D printer, and have this App running, the EOS panel with all its commands will still be accessible. However, you won’t be able to:
- connect to an EOS Polymer machine.
- create an EOS task file / send it to a Polymer machine.
- transfer the Job File to EOSPRINT.
Starting the Add-In
The EOS for Fusion 360 Add-In can be started manually in the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog after installation by selecting the "EOS_for_Fusion360" Add-In and clicking the "Run" button. It is also possible to always start the Add-In on the startup of Fusion 360 by checking the "Run on Startup" checkbox.
|Version Number||Version Description|