Random Pattern CreatorMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
The "Random Pattern Creator" app is an Autodesk® Fusion 360™ add-in.
1) Under the "CREATE" menu, click on the "Random Pattern Creator" button to create a new random pattern and open a command input window.
2) The command input window contains the following options:
- Shape Style - Change the pattern shape between circles, squares, diamonds, stars or text characters.
- Base Width - Change the overall width of the finished pattern base.
- Base Height - Change the overall height of the finished pattern base.
- Frame Width - Change the minimum distance between the pattern and the base outer edge.
- Minimum Shape Size - Change the minimum size of the pattern shape.
- Maximum Shape Size - Change the maximum size of the pattern shape.
- Shape Area Coverage - Change the density of the pattern shapes.
- Spacing Tolerance - Change the amount of space between the pattern shapes.
- Extrude - Option to create an extrude feature of the finished pattern.
- Base Depth - Change the depth/thickness of the finished pattern.
3) Make the required changes to the options.
4) Click on the "Preview" button to create a preview of the random pattern.
5) Click on "OK" to accept the new random pattern or "Cancel" to abort the command.
1. Download the installer from Autodesk App Store.
2. Right-click on the "Downloads" folder and select "Open in Finder".
3. Right-click on the "RandomPatternCreator_macos.pkg" -> "Open With" -> "Installer".
Note: If the installer fails to install, follow this link for more help:
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
- Navigate to the ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
Support Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- Updated for the September release of Fusion 360.|
|- Prevented a crash when a random pattern could not be generated.|