This is a minimalistic gear design application. As such, its designs are made following the metric module DIN standard series. Regardless, it is made for everyone, no matter your amount of knowledge or if you have an engineering background. It includes 11 different types of gears (7 standards, 2 non-standard and 2 experimental) for every project you might want to implement them in:
- Spur Gear.
- Simple/Double Helical Gear.
- 90° Bevel Gears.
- Gear Rack.
- Worm Gear Drive (helical and straight hobbed face).
- Standard Internal Spur Gear.
- Non-Standard Internal Spur Gear (tooth profile is inverted; it’s better for less trimming interference).
- Standard Internal Helical Gear.
- Non-Standard Internal Helical Gear (tooth profile is inverted; it’s better for less trimming interference).
- Profile Shifted Spur Gear (Experimental method).
- Profile Shifted Helical Gear (Experimental method).
The two types considered non-standard were included for 3D printing since these designs of internal gears have proven to be practical when tight tolerances are a liability. Nonetheless, these designs are as useful as others.
The two variants considered experimental are the ones that use profile shifting. Profile shifting is a manufacturing method for gears that are needed to fit a larger/smaller mesh space while remaining with the same specs (number of teeth, module, pressure angle, etc.). If you’re planning to fabricate these gears using our designs, you have to consider they won’t reflect the “under cut” condition (for more information, visit KHK Profile Shifting). This design method is still in development and should not be relied on for accurate visualization or industrial level designing.
About This VersionVersion 1.0.0, 2/18/2021