The application creates bevel gears for straight, spiral or zerol teeth, with a wide range of shaft angles both external and internal type(*). The script automatically groups operation on the timeline for pinion and wheel.
Available features for this price option:
- Module (mm),
- Custom pressure angle (8 - 30 deg),
- Custom clearance factor (0 - 0.3, clearance = module * factor),
- External shaft angle (10 - 160 deg),
- Internal shaft angle (135 - <180 deg),
- Shaft type (external, internal),
- Teeth shape (straight, spiral, zerol),
- Helix angle (15 - 45 deg),
- Cutter radius (mm)(**),
- Number of pinion teeth,
- The backlash of a pinion (as arc length),
- Radius factor of pinion root fillet (radius = factor * module),
- The direction of pinion teeth (right, left),
- Number of wheel teeth,
- The backlash of the wheel (as arc length),
- Radius factor of wheel root fillet (radius = factor * module),
- Adding chamfers,
- Width factor of chamfer (width = factor * module),
- Height factor of chamfer (height = factor * module),
- Button for saving parameters,
- Button for loading parameters,
- Button for resetting parameters,
- Auto-loading last used parameters when "Ok" has been clicked last time,
- Showing progress.
Execution of the plugin for small (ex. z10/z30) takes less than a half minute on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. For a larger number of teeth, especially for spiral(*) and zerol(*) it takes a few minutes. During the operation a progress bar with the current step is visible.
Please make sure that the load analysis is done on gears designed by this plugin in real machines before releasing it to production. An additional check is needed especially in case of undercuts:
- section analysis,
- interference analysis,
- load analysis,
- joints and motion simulation.
The program doesn't check interferences so additional checks in case of a low number of pinion teeth, low-pressure angles or internal shafts should be also performed.
If you want to manufacture and use gears designed by this plugin in real machines, remember that they can break during load and cause damages, severe injuries or death of people without tests.
(*)This is one of three "bevels makers" available in my shop. You can compare pricing plans and choose the best option for you by checking the list of features in other offers. If you bought a higher plan version than your old (ex. Basic -> Medium/Advanced), please send me an email with information about this and after correct verification of the payment history in PayPal, I'll return you the price difference.
(**)In case of internal gears cutter radius cannot be obtained with standard bevel gear machines because of interfering knife with other teeth. However, such gears can be produced on 3D printers (toys, proof of concepts) or by CNC-multi axis machines.