The plugin creates knurl patterns on cylindrical, conical, toroidal, and NURBS surfaces. The attached videos explain and show examples of how to use it.
- straight, crossed (only for cylindrical), diagonal and diamond patterns for cylinders, cones, toruses, NURBS,
- selecting multiple faces,
- custom length of knurl,
- swapping start-end side (for non-cylindrical faces),
- TPI (from 8 - coarse to 80 - fine),
- knurl angle (70, 80 or 90 degrees),
- grooves number (for crossed pattern),
- helix angle (10° - 45°, for diagonal and diamond patterns),
- teeth direction (for diagonal and diamond patterns),
- tip flattening factor (0 - 1, height = factor * half of tooth's depth)
- fillet factor for grooves and tips (0 - 0.2, fillet radius = factor * tooth's height),
- showing preview,
- showing progress,
- canceling process.
Execution of the plugin takes less than a half of a minute on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer for 20mm diameter cylinder and medium TPI. For a large number of teeth, faces with complicated geometry (torus, NURBS), diagonal and diamond patterns it can take a few minutes per face. During the operation a progress bar with the current step is visible.
Please make sure that analysis is done (if necessary) before releasing the model to production. Remember that without tests usability of designed things can be poor and can cause injuries.
About This VersionVersion 2.1.1, 10/27/2020