The application creates bevel gears for custom shaft angle. Script automatically groups operation on the timeline for pinion and wheel.
At this moment you can set:
- pressure angle (14.5, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25 degrees),
- clearance factor (0.188 or 0.25),
- teeth shape (straight, spiral, zerol),
- helix angle (in case of spiral and zerol)
- shaft angle,
- pinion teeth number,
- pinion backlash (as arc length),
- teeth direction of a pinion (in case of spiral and zerol),
- wheel teeth number,
- wheel backlash (as arc length),
- adding chamfers (option),
- width factor of chamfer (fraction of module),
- height factor of chamfer (fraction of module),
- showing progress (option).
Execution of plugin takes about half a minute for small (ex. z10/z30) shafts on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. For larger number of teeth, especially for spiral and zerol it takes a few minutes. If the option "Show progress?" is off and you don't see any effects for a minute, there's also a standard Autodesk® Fusion 360™ progress bar in the lower right corner of the application and you can see if the plugin works.
Please make sure that the load analysis is done on gears designed by this plugin in real machines before releasing it to production. An additional check is needed especially in case of undercuts:
- section analysis,
- interference analysis,
- load analysis,
- joints and motion simulation.
If you want to manufacture and use gears designed by this plugin in real machines, remember that they can break during load and cause damages, severe injuries or death of people without tests.