3DPDF Exporter for Autodesk® Inventor®Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Download and install the 3DPDF Exporter plugin for Inventor.
2. Run Inventor and Load a model (part or assembly).
3. There’s a new tab on the ribbon bar named 'Prototech 3DPDF'. It contains the following three ribbon buttons as shown in the image below.
After clicking Export, a “Secure PDF” dialog will display on your screen as shown below. You can encrypt and secure your PDF document by assigning a password to it. This is a user password and will be needed to open the document.
After ticking the “Require a password to open a document” checkbox on, the password fields will be enabled where you can enter your password. If you tick that checkbox off, password fields will be disabled and no password will be assigned to the PDF.
If you do not wish to pop this dialog every time, you can tick the checkbox “Do not show this dialog again” and it won't prompt you for a password. You can revert this setting from preferences.
After you press OK, a 'Save As' dialog will display on our screen. Click the Save button to export the current model to PDF file.
It contains the following options as shown in the image.
- Precision: You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need the fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” checkbox and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 1 to 15. Higher the value, the finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size.
- Tessellation: You can choose from Body level and face level.
- Export Normals: You can select whether you want to export normals or not.
- Security: You can choose whether you want to be prompted for a password every time you export.
- PDF Template: You can add 3DPDF data to your custom PDF template
It displays the information about the product. It provides the facility to activate your product license at any time from this control.
4. After exporting, a PDF file will be generated.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the plugin without uninstalling it by unchecking the "Loaded/Unloaded" check box associated with the plugin in the Inventor Add-In Manager. You may have to restart Inventor to completely unload the application.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1.Enhancement : Added license reset functionality. 2.Enhancement : Added annotations support for Inventor- 2020 3.Fixed : Sketch transformation issue. 4.Fixed : Current view of inventor is set to be default view of output PDF file 5.Fixed : Export parts, missing on enabling texture at body level tessellation 6.Fixed : Corrected model tessellation at default quality|
|1.Fixed: Issues in license mechanism.|
|Enhancements: 1.Design Representation view. Fixed:- 1.Template Position Supported.|
|Enhancements: 1. Added support to Inventor 2020 Fixed : 1. Model was not getting attached with Single page template.|
|Enhancements: 1. Implemented new enhanced licensing with many features e.g. subscription, floating etc. 2. Model annotations are now exported into 3D PDF (only from Autodesk® Inventor® 2018 & 2019). 3. Allow user to export origin, planes, axis and workplanes into 3D PDF. 4. Implemented disable measurement tool in 3D PDF Exported with template. 5. Tree view in 3D PDF is now similar to the tree view in Inventor. Fixed : 1. Task bar was flickering while export operation was running.|
|Enhancement: Added feature to export selected 3D Views into PDF. Enhancement: Added feature to 'Disable Selection' in 3D PDF.|
|Fixed: Positions of some parts were incorrect in 3D PDF Exported from Autodesk® Inventor® 2013/2014.|