General Usage Instructions
AutoDXF quick start guide:
- open an assembly which contains some sheet metal components
- run the command AutoDXF in the assembly environment. The command is located in the Tools ribbon
- click command Find Sheet Metal Parts. All the sheet metal parts with their properties are listed
- optionally click Flat Patterns Preview to display Flat Patterns thumbnails
- right-click on a specific flat pattern in the table end edit its orientation
- switch to the Settings tab and set the folder to save the DXF, naming convention, and other settings
- switch to the Layers tab and set layer names, visibility, color and line type
- Click Export to generate DXF files of flat patterns
- optionally click Export to Word to get a list of sheemetal components in Word
Instead of the standard App Store installer, AutoDXF uses a custom installer. During installation, there aren't any specific options to set.
The product is by default installed to C:\Program Files\Basic\AutoDXF. Some settings files are also created in the user's app folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Basic\AutoDXF.
Uninstallation can be done in a standard Windows way using Control Panel > Remove Program.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|4.7.1 2021-05-28 ------------------------ - sheetmetal flat pattern thumbnails are now always square shape regardless of actual flat pattern shape. This makes the table and exported Word documents nicer. - fixed an user interface bug in Layers tab (layer table was too small) 4.7.0 2021-03-29 ------------------------ New functionality: - creating larger (400px) flat pattern previews with option to zoom (by clicking and holding mouse button over the preview image) - resizing the flat pattern preview column now also resizes the preview images - added options for parameters flat pattern length and width (FPlength and FPwidth) in DXF texts - settings file renamed from basic.autodxf.nastavitve.xml to basic.autodxf.settings.xml - new option in basic.autodxf.settings.xml file to define removing of trailing zeros for flat pattern length, width and thickness - option to make the window size smaller to fit smaller screens Fixes: - fixed bug when proportional text size was wrong if part unit was mm and export unit was inch - fixed bug with defining text height via XML settings file - fixed translation bug in menu for defining column visibility (right click on main table header)|
|We've fixed a few bugs and added some new functionality: - zooming the flat pattern preview - control over trailing zeros in decimal places for flat pattern dimensions and thicknesses - new properties flat pattern lenght and width can now be included in DXF texts Watch this video for quick demonstration of new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKP16H78XHw List of fixed erorrs: - fixed bug when proportional text size was wrong if part unit was mm and export unit was inch - fixed bug with defining text height via XML settings file - fixed translation bug in menu for defining column visibility (right click on main table header)|
|Fixed error when exporting sheet metal data to excel|
|Solved crashing in combination with some language packs|
|Fixed issue with user interface language switching to Slovenian in some cases|
|Fixed error when exporting threads to separate layers in some cases. Minor translation and help changes required by Autodesk App store|
|Minor changes required for app store submission.|