Hole Check AddinWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Hole Check Addin is easy to use. Just open the assembly you want to check in Autodesk® Inventor®. Then click the Check Assembly button in the tool bar. If any issues are found, they will be displayed clearly in the results window. Double click the issue to go to where it is in the model, or single click to highlight it.
During the checking process, you will not be able to use Inventor. After the process is finished you will be able to use it again. To check another assembly just open it in Inventor and click the Check Assembly button again.
To change any settings, click the gear icon in the tool bar. Then you can change settings to control how the results are displayed or configure the checking parameters. Note: You must enable the Include Circular Features option in settings to check circular features.
As always, it is important to save your work often. In case of any unexpected errors, you should save your work before running Hole Check Addin.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or you can simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the plugin without uninstalling it by unchecking the "Loaded/Unloaded" check box associated with the plugin in the Inventor Add-In Manager. You may have to restart Inventor to completely unload the application.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10/11), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
We tried our best to cover all the ways to add a hole feature, but we are aware of some cases which will yield incorrect results. Below are the cases which are currently unsupported. We hope to support them in the future.
- Circular features that are not full circles.
- Large diameter circular features that are not very deep.
- Circular features that do not resemble holes.
- Hole feature patterns (ie. rectangular, circular, and mirror) that are not aligned to the part's origin axes.
- Hole features that were drawn without using a sketch (Pre Inventor 2018).
- Mating hole features that are separated by another hole feature.
- Hole features located in an assembly instead of a part.
- Hole features in derived parts.
- Assemblies that are opened in express mode.
- Hole features in mirrored parts.
- Rectangular and circular hole patterns that are on multiple faces.
- Slotted holes.
- Holes in the same part.
- Holes in assemblies with inseparable or purchased BOM structures.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support, questions, feedback, or requests for enhancements.
If you experience any issues, please send us an email. The more information you can provide the better. If possible, please include the following information in your email:
- A description of the issue.
- Non-confidential Inventor files. We will send you an email instructing you on how you can upload the files to us.
- Application logs.
- Non-confidential screenshots of the issue.