OBJ Exporter for Autodesk® Inventor® - TrialWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Download and install OBJ Exporter plugin for Inventor.
2. There’s a new tab on ribbon bar of Inventor named as 'Prototech OBJ'. It contains following three ribbon buttons.
A) Export :
After clicking here, a 'Save As' dialog will display on our screen.
Click Save button to export the current model to OBJ file.
B) Preferences :
It contains following options.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size.
- Textures : You can select whether you want to export textures or not.
- Tessellation : You can choose from Body level and face level.
- Polygon Reduction : Reduce number of triangles from the model (percentage or vertex count basis)
C) About :
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license.
3. After exporting, an OBJ file will be generated.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the plugin without uninstalling it by unchecking the "Loaded/Unloaded" check box associated with the plugin in the Inventor Add-In Manager. You may have to restart Inventor to completely unload the application.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1. Enhancement: Added support to Inventor 2020. 2. Enhancement: Upgraded licensing system.|
|Enhancement: Upgraded licensing system.|
|Fixed: Some planes were exported even if sketches\planes option is unchecked.|