AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Autodesk® Inventor® uses a companion viewer application for handling the reviewing, editing, lighting, material editing, and final rendering, all enabled with Pixar’s USD as well as MaterialX technologies.
Designed for ease of use, the Radeon ProRender plug-in for Inventor will allow any user, regardless of experience, to create photorealistic images from their parts and assemblies. Simply install the plug-in and use the button in the “Radeon ProRender” tool shelf to launch the Viewer application. A live link of data for Autodesk Inventor 2022 users will update the Viewer live to changes of your Inventor assembly.
In the Viewer, you will find the following buttons at the top for each workflow:
- Review: Review, comment on existing parts and assemblies
- Edit: Manually translate, rotate, or scale objects
- Lighting: Add and edit lights to your scene
- Materials: Apply materials from our Material Library (which comes built into the Viewer)
- Render: Create your final renders
The Viewer application has many features — please check the documentation.
Please note: AMD Radeon ProRender for Inventor supports Autodesk Inventor 2022. Autodesk Inventor 2021 users can use it but the live link to get model updates from Inventor will not function.
Requires an OpenCL™ 1.2 capable graphics card (or can use CPU rendering). See our list of supported hardware.