Digitally signed app
AutoDXF v5 is an add-in for Autodesk® Inventor® 2022 and 2023 that simplifies the workflow with assemblies that contain sheet metal parts. It allows you to easily collect all sheet metal components, automatically create and preview flat patterns, export the list of sheet metal parts to Word, identify any issues with flat patterns and batch export them to highly customizable DXF or DWG files.
Please use AutoDXF v4 for older Inventor releases.
AutoDXF v5 features:
- Automatically finds sheet metal parts from the assembly
- Allows you to quickly locate and open specific sheet metal component
- Enables easy recognition flat pattern status of sheet metal parts
- Automatic creation of flat patterns
- Thumbnail previews of bent parts and flat patterns
- Direct rotation of flat patterns in 90° increments
- Automatic flipping of flat patterns so most of the bends are in up direction
- Rotation along the longest edge and rotation along the longest bend
- Use number of bends as parameter for file names and DXF text descriptions
- Automatic detection of tapped holes on flat patterns. These can optionally be placed on a separate layer when exporting to DXF format
- Automatic placement of points in the centers of threaded holes (when exporting to DXF)
- Automatic detection of small holes. Those can be optionally placed on a separate layer when exporting to the DXF format
- Writing of bending angles and directions on bending lines in DXF files
- Creation of bend marks at the starts and the ends of the bend lines
- Batch export of flat patterns to DXF or DWG files
- Add configurable text descriptions to DXF files
- Flexible naming of DXF and DWG files
- Setup of layer names, colors, line weights, and line widths
- Export a list of sheet metal parts, including thumbnails of bent parts and flat patterns, to Microsoft Word
See web documentation for AutoDXF 5 to overview the full functionality of the program.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).
Trial version limitations:
- Finds a maximum of 4 sheet metal parts and creates 4 DXF or DWG files
- 'Demo version' text is added to DXF texts
- Only up to 4 small holes are detected
- Only up to 4 angles and directions are written on bend lines in exported DXF files
About This Version
Version 5.3.3, 1/17/2023
AutoDXF 5.3 brings many new and updated features to make working with sheet metal in Autodesk® Inventor® even easier. Watch the video showing the new and the updated functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUafQp-ERU 5.3.3. 2023-01-12 ------------------ - NEW option to define the order of DXF/DWG subfolders: ../material/thickness or ../thickness/material - NEW property "Bends Counter" added to be used as a parameter for DXF/DWG file naming and for inclusion in DXF texts - fixed a bug where a part without a flat pattern could be selected for DXF export using multiselect with SHIFT key - updated installer to fix possible uninstall issues 5.3.2. 2022-12-23 ------------------ - fixed a crash on document close on german (non language-pack) version of Inventor - some UI and translation fixes 5.3.1. 2022-09-29 ------------------ - If used with an iAssembly then the "Parts Only BOM" option is now disabled because iAssemblies don't have proper access to the Parts List BOM. Only Structured BOM is available in these cases. - fixed some UI translation errors - fixed error with Bend marks not working if some other DXF processing option wasn't selected 5.3.0. 2022-07-12 ------------------ - added Filter tool to easily find and select components with specific text in their properties - added 2 new layers for thread center points and small holes center points - added options to set visibility for AutoDXF objects layers (AutoDXF_Text, AutoDXF_BendInfo, AutoDXF_Threads, AutoDXF_Threads_Points, AutoDXF_SmallHoles, AutoDXF_SmallHoles_Points and AutoDXF_BendMarks) - added option to shift select components in the list - added new option for Auto Flip so the majority of the bends are in the down direction - added new option to set objects' colors directly on the objects - fixed error if top assembly was iAssembly 5.2.1. 2022-04-27 ------------------ - added a new option for writing DXF text data in a single line - fixed error when only 1 DXF instead of 4 was created in the trial version 5.2.0. 2022-03-30 ------------------ - support for Inventor 2023 - export layer control for new Inventor 2023 Mark Features - added option to approximate splines with arcs (only for Inventor 2023) - added iProperty "Revision number" as an entry for file naming and AutoDXF texts - option to define DXF text position using a predefined sketch point on the flat pattern - define DXF text alignment and attachment point - option to place bend information over bend marks instead on the middle of the bend line - option to define custom scheme for bend information using attributes 5.1.0. 2021-10-21 ------------------ - watch What's new in v5.1 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQu6V9IKDZU - new feature: automatic creation of bend marks - new feature: automatic flipping of flat patterns so the majority of the bends are in up direction - new feature: added button to select/deselect library sheet metal parts - new feature: all layer settings consolidated in one location (tab Layers) - new feature: LTscale setting added to the user interface (tab Layers) - new feature: added option to trim centerlines at inner contours - fixed issue with message about library sheet metal parts not appearing if only one library part was found
sign in to write a review Get Technical Help
Hello, please use AutoDXF v4. It supports Inventor 2018-2021: https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=4251401247038357009 ;
Our sheet metal fab shop gets a tremendous amount of value out of this tool. Just the amount of time our engineering team saves by using the auto-flip tool in the latest update is WELL worth the price. If you do frequent sheet metal assemblies in Inventor this tool is essential!