The ‘iBOM App’ exports the Bill of Materials (BOM) data with Images / Thumbnails for each item listed in the active assembly file (.iam) opened using the Autodesk® Inventor® software. The BOM data can be exported to Microsoft® Excel® or Word® files.
The exported BOM data includes an image, part number, quantity, cost and the option to include any ‘iProperties’ fields including ‘Custom iProperties’.
One further option named ‘Labour Cost Calculations’ has been included, which lets the user enter an hourly rate along with the amount of hours and minutes it has taken to build the active assembly, the app then calculates the labour cost and adds the information to the exported file thus providing the following cost breakdown: -
· Individual part/sub-assembly cost
· Individual line item cost
· Total parts/sub-assemblies cost
· Hourly labour rate
· Total assembly labour cost
· Total assembly cost (Parts and labour)
The BOM can currently be exported in two different ways ‘Structured’, which lists all the parts and sub-assemblies which make up the active assembly, or ‘Parts only’, which lists all parts which make up the active assembly (Includes all the parts in sub-assemblies).
The iBOM app provides the user with a BOM creation status window, which allows the user to know when the iBOM application is processing the BOM data and when the BOM file has been successfully created.
The IBOM app automatically saves the exported BOM to the same file path as the active assembly file and opens the file so the user can view the exported data.
The images are imbedded into the Excel/Word® file allowing the user to send the exported file via email without having to send images as attachments.
All calculations are done in the exported Excel/Word file so adjustments to the calculations can easily be made without having to export BOM data again. This allows users to make changes to the calculations without having to have access to Autodesk Inventor or iBOM App software.
The file containing the exported BOM data is time and date stamped.
iBOM Application Notes: -
· The app will automatically open/run the Inventor software, if the software isn’t currently running, and will close the Inventor if the user closes the iBOM App, unless the Inventor had been manually opened by the user.
· To successfully create an exported BOM file the Inventor must be running with an assembly file (.iam) open and active. If you are using Autodesk® Vault® then make sure all files used in the assembly fil e are ‘Checked Out’.
Acerca de esta versiónVersión 4.0, 25/05/2016
New features - Users can now export 'Materials' iProperty data for each part and can save the exported BOM file to a location of their choice.