This plug-in automatically places fasteners from the user library or Content Center.
User can connect to the application any kind of parts: normal Autodesk® Inventor® parts, parametric parts, imported from 3rd parties etc.
To place fasteners the user selects two edges (in most cases) to let the application identify the size and add them to the model.
- Supports metric and inch fasteners.
- Supports any part files and Content Center library.
- Supports 5 different materials for each fastener item.
- Automatically checks the user's model for errors. For example if the user selects smooth hole Ø8mm and threaded hole M10 the appropriate warning will be dispayed.
- Checks interference between fasteners and the model. If collision is found the fasteners will be highlighted in red color. If the user places fasteners in the hole and no clearance is left then the fasteners will be highlighted in yellow color. For example this applies when the user places M8 fastener in a hole Ø8mm.
- Automatically enables half section view state.
- Places fasteners inside a folder. Name of the folder can be set in settings.
- Can place fasteners just in free model space without any constraints.
- Can switch between fully and partially threaded hex head bolts.
- Can propagate fasteners on multiple faces at once.
- The application only supports standart (coarse) thread pitch. Fine pitches are not supported.
- For metric fasteners the application only supports recommended thread sizes: (M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M8, M10, M12, M16, M20, M24, M30, M36, M42, M48, M56, M64). It means that for the hole Ø16mm M12 bolt will be used. Optionally other sizes will be added in the next versions.
Please watch the video tutorial about Place Fasteners plug-in:
This app is executable 30 days after installation. After 30 days a window shows up offering you to enter an Activation key.
If you want to buy the Activation key just send the code from the window to email@example.com.