Are you frustrated with spelling mistakes that creep into user-entered text on your Autodesk® Inventor® drawings?
Do you wish there was an easy way to avoid such embarrassing mistakes?
If you are looking for simple spell checking capability within Inventor, give the Batch SpellChecker app a try – it may just be the solution that you are looking for!
If you have used the User Tools Spell Checker add-in that comes with the Inventor SDK, you already know that it uses the familiar Microsoft Word interface and works great on individual documents.
But you still need to open each drawing file individually and run the tool, which can be slow and repetitive.
If you are working with large drawing files containing multiple sheets, then this process can quickly become slow and tedious.
Welcome to the new Batch SpellChecker app, which is designed to extend the functionality of the Inventor Spell Checker add-in by allowing it to run in a batch-processing mode.
New in Batch SpellChecker 2018
• Correct spellings of text entered in the Sketch Mode.
• Correct spellings of text entered as Annotations.
• Correct spellings of Bill Of Material (BOM) table.
• Correct spellings of Revision Table.
• Correct spellings of Title Block.
• Well-formatted HTML file report is generated at drawing file location or user-specified location.
Batch SpellChecker Features
• Search selected drawing files in a folder or search entire folder.
• Start spell checking on currently opened drawings.
• Correct spellings in user-entered notes, text in sketch and leader text quickly and easily.
• Apply corrections directly to the drawing files choosing either to overwrite or to make a copy.
• Uses Microsoft© Office© components and the familiar Word spelling checker.
• Adds custom words in dictionary to include frequently used technical terms.
• Generate file-wise report of spelling corrections made.
I used this app all the time and was brill but unfortunately my pc as been upgraded and no longer works for 2016 office.
Very much needed app..I can't believe Autodesk has not thought of this all these years.
Great app, after update. Thanks. It is possible to check text in Title Blocks as well (DWG)?
Hi Sylwester, Thank you for your review and comments. We will certainly consider your suggestion and try to implement in next version. Meanwhile please check this app for some new features coming shortly.
The app is ok but is very picky about what it can and cannot detect. Also it will only work if you have all documents closed and Inventor is displaying the zero document ribbon. The app needs to be able to scan the entire current document while the document is open for it to be considered useful (to me).
Hi Austin, We have further implemented few changes in the app and uploaded on App store as below: Added support to Inventor DWG files. Spell check available on currently open drawings. Regards
Is that possible to check inventor .dwg as well? Thanks.
Hi Jianbin, We have further implemented few changes in the app and uploaded on App store as below: Added support to Inventor DWG files. Spell check available on currently open drawings. Regards
Awesome App for IDW files. Helped me fix spellings in the entire drawing set within no time. Good on you guys.
Even though you can save as either Inventor IDW or DWG you can only check IDW.
Hi Aaron, We have further implemented few changes in the app and uploaded on App store as below: Added support to Inventor DWG files. Spell check available on currently open drawings. Regards
Uising this on Incentor 2013 and it werks greasts. Beofore this app I would caut & paste in word, fix spelling n grammer, then paste it back in Incvetor and relescte the font & font size.
This tool looks like an enhancement based on the Inventor SDK add-in GeneralTools. But it will "eat" the GeneralTools add-in after install BatchSpellChecker. GeneralTools add the Spell Checking function in Drawing mode, while BatchSpellChecker works only for Zero document ribbon. It will be nice if BatchSpellChecker can work for Drawing mode as well.