Block references to/ from Excel® worksheet packageWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
A. The procedures of block creation, in brief, can be divided into 4-7 steps:
1. Define a block (with or without attributes) then run this App;
2. Pre-selected data range (rows & columns) in Excel worksheet. Press "Activate Excel" to find out which instance is linked (usually the last open worksheet);
3. Select a block name or an Excel column that contains multi-block names;
4. Select macro mode (A) and match block refs. positioning parameters with Excel columns (B);
5. (Optional) Match attributes with Excel columns (C);
6. (Optional) Match dynamic properties with Excel columns (D);
Click "Insert block references" to see the results.
7. (Optional) Clone field attributes from source block references to other block references
B. The procedures of block references properties extraction:
1. Start by opening an Excel worksheet, (Active drawing processing option only: remember to reserve 1 blank column at the active cell (values will be written downward)).
2. Press Alt+Tab to return to Autodesk® AutoCAD® or its vertical products, and invoke the NTCL_BlockToExcel command. The user form will appear.
- For the Active drawing processing option, on the user form, open a drawing.
- For the Multi files processing option, load the drawing list from folder/ from files/ from Excel files .... to the table. Check the option: Single worksheet if the user wants all exporting results from different drawings combined in one worksheet.
3. Select macro mode: 1 (Cad Block info => Excel worksheet) or 2 (Excel info => Cad Block update). Select additional options (block name, where to get block refs from, which information to export, and import). Mode 1 should run before Mode 2 unless you saved and re-use the results of Mode 1 before.
- If you select mode 1, the block information will be exported to Excel. For the first export action, blank columns will be automatically added to the right side of the active cell
- If you select mode 2, the block information will be imported from Excel. For the Active drawing processing option: Be sure to pre-select the data range in Excel first. The selected range must include a header row & a handle column. For the Multi files processing option: Be sure you have to write permission for drawings in List.
4. If you have multiple Excel instances already open, this App may tie to the last activated Excel instance but sometimes it does not. In such a case, please close all opening Excel instances; close (end task) any invisible Excel.exe process by Task manager, and re-open only one Excel instance.
C. Batch inquiry Station, Offset / Northing, Easting values from alignment
1. Start by opening an Excel worksheet, fill in then pre-select a range of 2 input columns of (Station + Offset) or (Northing, Easting) values.
2. Press Alt+Tab to return to Autodesk® Civil 3D®, and invoke the NTCL_SONE command. A user form will appear.
3. On the user form, select your existing alignment then Select macro mode: 1 (Station, offset to Northing, Easting) or 2 (Station, offset to Northing, Easting). Click the button SO=>NE or NE=>SO based on your desire. The results will be written in the next 2 columns in Excel.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Batch creates new AutoCAD block references from Excel worksheet data.
Info of block references can be batch exported to/re-imported from the Excel worksheet. Info including position (X, Y, Z, rotation), attributes, and dynamic properties. Multi-file processing is supported.
(Command is available only in Civil 3D) Batch inquiry & export Civil 3D alignment Station, Offset/ Northing, Easting to Excel worksheet, based on pre-selected cells value.
Reverse direction of a selected polyline (2D, 3D, and Lightweight polyline types are supported).
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10/11) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
- If no Excel worksheet is opened before, this app will try to open a blank worksheet. Your input must be copied to this blank worksheet. In case you want to use input values from an existing worksheet, just close the app and the blank worksheet, and pre-open the existing worksheet before running this app.
- This app only works with desktop versions of Excel. In case multiple Excel versions are installed, this app may work with the default version.
- Users can terminate the app during the Excel interaction process by pressing the ESC key within the App dialog. ESC key cannot terminate the app if the key-pressed action occurs in the Excel interface.
- The single App version can still work with Paid package App. Please manually uninstall a single App version if necessary.
- App launched from a virtual machine will limit some features. Users will get a message if this App is launched from a virtual machine.
For questions/comments/suggestions/bug reports etc please send an email to NTCLApp1@gmail.com
For more information about the license, please visit: https://www.ntclsoft.com/home/license-registration-guide
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Bugs fixed: (a) Batch export/import block info to/from worksheet sub-App: - Parent application crashes when run in Multi-file processing mode without an opening drawing. - Attributes do not move/ rotate properly together with block references; - Dynamic properties do not export in some cases; (b) Batch attribute block ref. creation from worksheet sub-App - Fix the bugs when merged cells appear in the Excel selection range, only the upper left cell of the merged area has value; Improvements: (a) Batch export/import block info to/from worksheet sub-App: - Add an option "Single worksheet" for Multi-file processing mode to combine all drawing files and export results in one worksheet. Best fit for single sheet drawings title block; (b) Batch attribute block ref. creation from worksheet sub-App - Add an option for creating Dynamic block references with up to 12 Dynamic properties read from Excel columns; - Add an option for cloning fields from an existing field attribute block reference to other block references; - Users can now create different block types in one click. Block names are also retrieved from an Excel Column; - Add a button to delete block references, filtered by block name; - Add an option to create multi-block references by X, and Y coordinates, through all Layouts (except Model space); - Add an option to declare a universal block scale before creation; - Add an option to show External reference in the block name drop-down list;|
|The initial App package combines the latest single Apps with enhanced features enabled. Bugs fixed: - Extremely slow processing speed if the user selects the entire column(s) in Excel as input data. Improvements: - Users can now terminate the app during the Excel interaction process by pressing the ESC key. - Users no longer need to check the first active AutoCAD/ AutoCAD verticals instance of any versions.|