Unreal® Live Link for Autodesk® Maya® v1.1.1Linux, English
The plug-in lets you stream data from Autodesk® Maya® to Unreal in real time, allowing you to work on character assets in Maya while seeing a preview of your work inside Unreal as you make changes.
General Usage Instructions Screenshots Installation/Uninstallation Known Issues Contact Version History
General Usage Instructions
The Unreal Live Link plug-in makes it possible to stream animation data from Maya to Unreal in real-time. Whether you’re working between the two tools in a virtual production environment or building your next game, you can now work on character assets in Maya and see previews of your work reflected immediately in Unreal, as you make changes.
For more details on how to connect Maya to Unreal, see Connecting Unreal Engine 4 to Maya with Live Link or How to use Unreal® Live Link for Autodesk® Maya® plug-in. To learn more about the plug-in features, see the videos on the Maya Learning channel.
- Run the script ‘./UnrealLiveLinkForMaya#.sh’, if the script does not run due to permission issue one may run ‘chmod +x UnrealLiveLinkForMaya#.sh’ to grant execute permission
- If installed as ‘su’ it will install to /usr/autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/UnrealLiveLinkForMaya
- If not, it will install to $HOME/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/UnrealLiveLinkForMaya
- To make Maya to Unreal live link work users will need to apply a patch to their Unreal Engine from Unreal Engine’s PR
- The plugin folder from one of the above locations can be deleted to remove the plugin
- Network settings (Edit->Settings) in plug-in UI do not spawn settings window
- If the Linux distribution does not have OpenSSL 1.1 installed, you may see OpenSSL errors. It is advised to get OpenSSL version 1.1.x
- Unloading the plugin during a Maya session will leave Maya unresponsive
- For Maya 2022 and Maya 2023, the Live Link UI sometimes stays underneath the Maya main UI. You can move the main UI to see if the Live Link UI is underneath it, click on it and it will be brought back on top of the main UI.
Company Name: Autodesk, Inc.
Company URL: http://www.autodesk.com/
Support Contact: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Compatible with Maya 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023 Compatible with Unreal®️ Engine version 4.27 and 5.0|