Unreal® Live Link for Autodesk® Maya®
The Unreal Live Link plug-in makes it possible to stream animation data from Maya to Unreal in real time. Whether you’re working between the two tools in a virtual production environment or building your next game, you can now work on character assets in Maya and see previews of your work reflected immediately in Unreal, as you make changes.
- A simplified installation experience allows you to get up-and-running in a matter of minutes.
- The new streamlined interface lets you easily define and manage which Maya assets will be streamed to Unreal.
- Joint hierarchy transforms can be connected, allowing for character to character animation streaming.
- BlendShapes are supported, enabling you to make changes to characters such as facial expressions and lip syncing, and see them in-context in Unreal.
- Camera attributes including transforms, angle of view, focal length, film gate, camera aperture, film aspect ratio, depth of field, focus distance, and fStop are supported.
- Lighting adjustments including color, intensity, cone angle, and penumbra angle are supported.
- Scene timecode is streamed to Unreal as metadata, allowing play head synchronization between Maya and Unreal.
- Back version support enables the plug-in to be used with Maya 2018 through Maya 2022.
For more details on how to connect Maya to Unreal, see Connecting Unreal Engine 4 to Maya with Live Link or How to use Unreal® Live Link for Autodesk® Maya® plug-in. To learn more about the plug-in features, see the videos on the Maya Learning Channel.