The vastSolver is an Autodesk® Maya® plugin that lets you convert any vertex animation into a skin weights and joints animation. The main use is to compress mesh animations, such as a blendshape-driven animation or a cloth/muscle simulation, for the use in game engines.
The vastSolver comes with a compact GUI that lets you set basic parameters (such as a maximum number of joints) and two additional controls to fine-tune solving. Also, a Maya command is provided: there is a User Guide that contains a command documentation.
On a technical note, the solver implements an iterative algorithm that searches for the best approximation of a vertex animation. The solver is robust to a non-uniform deformation (e.g. when a portion of the mesh does not have any deformation). The solver implements a custom solving strategy with a goal of the best results for fewer joints. For this purpose, it features Laplacian smooth skin weights regularization. The user can fine-tune parameters of Skin Regularization to get better results or to produce skin weights that resemble hand-painted weights.
By default, the solver solves for translations and rotations of joints. The user can choose to solve for joints scaling. This usually improves results.
The plugin comes with an User Guide and a test scene.
Demo video: https://vimeo.com/405024331
License Activation Process
To activate the vastSolver plugin follow these steps:
1. After the purchase is completed you will immediately receive a product key by email;
2. Enter your email address (associated with PayPal account used to purchase the plugin) and the product key in the vastSolver activation window;
3. Generate and copy a response key;
4. Go to vidiaapps.com and paste the response key to get an activation code;
5. Enter the activation code in vastSolver activation window and press Activate.
The product key can be used to install the plugin on up to 2 personal devices.