BOM ExtractorWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Open any drawing which has Autodesk® AutoCAD® blocks. If those AutoCAD blocks are having Attributes and Parameters (in case of Dynamic Blocks), this information can be extracted using the BOM Extractor Tool to create BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Type “BOMExtract” Command in the AutoCAD command bar. It will pop-up the “BOM-Extractor” window on top of AutoCAD window.
- The Attribute, Properties & Parameters of Dynamic block to be extracted can be configured in the settings.
- Block Chooser: The blocks to be considered for extracting information from AutoCAD drawing can be configured in the settings.
- Column Chooser: The Columns/Fields to be extracted from AutoCAD blocks can be configured in the settings. There are some default fields/columns available in the list to choose and the user can type new attribute/Property name to include.
Chosen Fields/Columns should be available in the AutoCAD Blocks to extract information. If those attribute/Parameters are not available in the AutoCAD blocks, the respective column will be shown as blank.
Note: The “Item No.” & “Quantity” will be calculated by the tool based on sorting and no. of same block availability in drawing respectively. There is no necessity to have these parameters in AutoCAD Blocks. If the "ITEMNO" needs to be updated back to blocks, then the block should have this attribute. Also you can update modified attribute values in the drawing through user interface.
- The rows having same value can me merged in to a single row within the column.
- User can select the columns to have the merging.
- The Sorting of Fields/Columns can be configured on this Tab.
- User can configure sorting up to the fields/Columns. Sorting can be Ascending/Descending.
- Sorting will be done based on the sorting priority in this setting.
- The BOM (Bill of Material) layout appearance can be configured over here.
- Row height of Title, header and data Row can be configured.
- The quantity per block instances to be considered while calculating total quantity can be defined here. This can be either '1(Each) or it can be any block attribute from where the base quantity can be read and considered for per instance.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
“BOMEXTRACT” command will invoke BOM extraction windows form to show the extracted Block information from the current drawing.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Migrated for AutoCAD 2020|
|Following new features added in settings: 1. Ability to configure block names from which the BOM information to be extracted. 2. Ability to specify the base quantity attribute to calculate each instance.|
|Migrated for Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2017 & 2018|
1.0.0 - Initial Release