Polyhedral Mesh To SolidWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
To launch the arx application, use the following commands:
1. cdgfx_Mesh2Solid, this function converts a Mesh object into a 3D Solid object. (Acis/ShapeManager)
2. Cdgfx_Mesh2Shells, this function separates a 3D Mesh object with several non-continuous volumes into independent objects and converts each to a 3D Solid object. (Acis/ShapeManager)
3. cdgfx_MeshCentroid, this function calculates and displays the position of the Centre of Mass for a single object or for multiple objects (Using a density of 1 for all objects). This functionally works in conjunction with either 3D Mesh and 3D Solid objects or a combination of both.
4. cdgfx_MeshSurfaceArea, this function calculates the “Surface Area” of a single Mesh object or of multiple Mesh objects giving the sum total for all objects. It also works for 3D solid objects or combinations of 3D Solids and Mesh objects.
5. cdgfx_MeshVolume, this function calculates the “Volume” of a single Mesh object or of multiple Mesh objects giving the sum total for all objects. It also works for 3D solid objects or combinations of 3D Solids and Mesh objects.
6. cdgfx_ShowMeshProps, this function will display on screen, and has the option to write to file, all the polyhedral mass properties of the selected 3D Mesh object.
7. cdgfx_Mesh2Faces, this function converts a Mesh object into planer “Faces”.
8. cdgfx_Mesh2Lines, this function converts the Mesh edges into wireframe geometry or “Lines”.
9. cdgfx_Mesh2point, this function converts the Mesh objects into a series of points that represent the vertex points of the Mesh.
10. cdgfx_ReMesh, This function will ReTessalate/ReMesh a Solid or a Surface to the following user input values:
A. Faceter Max Grid: Sets the maximum number of grid lines that may be used
B. Faceter Max Edge Length: Sets the maximum number of grid lines that may be used
C. Faceter Mesh Type: 0: for preference to quads, 1: for hybrid triangle & quad, 2: for triangles only
11. cdgfx_MeshToSurface, This function will convert a Mesh to Surface. Sometimes if the functions above fail to convert the mesh to a Solid, you can try to ReTessllate the Mesh and try again. This sometimes fixes errors in the mesh and allows the mesh to then convert to a solid. As ReTessllation can only be done with a solid or surface, this function was added to convert the mesh to a Surface.
To install the software run the downloaded installer. This software is intended to run only with Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2012 or higher (including verticals). Once installed (Restart AutoCAD), the software is ready to run. Use the Ribbon menu and locate a tab called “Polyhedral”.
To uninstall the product re-run the installer and select uninstall or you can uninstall it from the windows control panel: 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Vista\Windows 7\8\8.1\10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system. The ribbon panel for this software can be manually unloaded from inside AutoCAD.
The system has been designed to work with Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2012 or higher including verticals and runs from the Ribbon menu straight after install. It will run in Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2011 but must be manually loaded in that version using the appLoad command.
Note: Development has stopped for 2012 version. The more advanced features are in 2013 version or higher.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added the ability to Re-Mesh/Re-Tessellate Solids and Surfaces. For a Mesh that will not convert, you can now convert the Mesh to a Surface, Re-Tessellate it, then try the conversion to Solid again. In many cases, Re-Tessellation fixes minor issues.|
|Rebuild of all Library's and minor bug fixes, including 64-bit bug with Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2019.|
|Removed the download of C++ Redistributables from the installer.|
|Improved Mesh to Solid Conversion Rate, and rebuilt for AutoCAD 2019.|
|Updated libraries, changed icons in Ribbon Menu.|
|Fixed occasional crash, fixed bug placing converted objects on layer 0, and upgraded to run in Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2018.|
|Improved finding of holes and hole Filling.|
|Fixed bug causing occasional crash.|
|Fixed bug with installer, an issue with Visual C++ VCRedist_x64 Microsoft redistributable prerequisite URL.|
|Fixed bug that prevented some objects from converting to solid. Fixed issue in PackageContents.xml that affected Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2017 version.|
|Updated to 2017 version.|
|Updated to 2017 version.|
1.3.2 32 & 64 bit installers merged.
Improved removal of redundant faces, faces with zero area, coincident vertices & Gap filling techniques
2.0.1 Updated app to support AutoCAD 2012, 2013 & 2014 (32 & 64 bit)
User needs to have Admin rights to install/uninstall
App will be avaliable to all users on that machine
Previous licensed versions will still work but the license key will need to be reentered
(We can provide you with you your old key if you have lost it)
2.0.2 Fixed a bug that improves gap filling techniques & extended the trial period to 7 days.
2.0.3 Changes to license template
2.0.4 Update for Windows 8.1
2.0.5 Fixed a bug that caused a crash when converting some models from Tekla Structures
2.0.6 Upgraded to now run inside AutoCAD 2015 and verticals.
2.0.7 Fixed crash when trying to convert a mesh with only one face
2.0.8 Minor speed improvements
2.0.9 Upgraded to run inside AutoCAD 2016 and verticals.
2.1.0 Improved hole filling and fixed bug that may cause the program to hang when more than two faces share the same edge.
2.1.1 Fixed bug that placed converted objects on layer 0, all converted objects now stay on their original layer.