Autodesk App Store Product Guidelines
The Autodesk App Store is a web-based marketplace connecting Autodesk customers’ needs and interests with Autodesk’s and third party Publishers’ know-how, content, technology and tools. Autodesk provides these guidelines to enable Publishers’ products to deliver value to customers through an easy and delightful purchase, install and use experience. If you can deliver value and a delightful experience to Autodesk customers - regardless of whether you are a professional or amateur software developer or content provider - we encourage you to submit your product, solution, application, plug-in, add-on, tool, library, book, data, content, web service or other material (“Product”) for consideration.
When deciding whether to submit a Product for consideration in the Autodesk App Store, always think about the goal of delivering the customer value and delight. If you have any doubts about the appropriateness of a Product for the Autodesk App Store, such as due to complexity or lack of value, we encourage you not to submit it.
These guidelines will change over time as we learn more about what users like and dislike.
In order to create a quality user experience and offer users valuable Product, Autodesk may not accept every submission made to the Autodesk App Store. The following are some of the reasons Product submissions may be rejected for inclusion in the Autodesk App Store; please understand that this list is not exhaustive, but is provided to give helpful guidance. Autodesk will do its best to verify that Product submissions meet its vision for the Autodesk App Store, but if we miss something in the review process that we discover after approving the Product, we reserve the right to pull the Product out of the Autodesk App Store without advance notice.
So here goes. Product submissions may be rejected if:
- Product crashes or significantly slows down the Autodesk product.
- Product contains harmful material, such as software viruses, worms or other code or any file that damages, destroys, interrupts or limits the functionality or operation of the customer’s software or hardware or an Autodesk product.
- Product is unstable or otherwise alters behavior of Autodesk product.
- Product may violate, misappropriate or infringe another’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights (e.g., copyrights, trademarks, patents, etc.).
- Product uses Autodesk API calls that are not set forth in the documentation for the applicable Autodesk product.
- Product is not complete – such as beta versions
- Product is difficult to install, uninstall or maintain.
- Product does the same thing as too many other products currently available through the Autodesk App Store.
- Product is very similar in function to the Publisher’s other Products in the Autodesk App Store and is a blatant attempt to take “shelf space.”
- Product does not deliver customer value beyond that already offered by the Autodesk product or offers functionality that is already available in other products of Autodesk.
- Product is a marketing tool or advertisement or contains or delivers unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation
- Product does not support the latest release of Autodesk products in a timely manner
- Product includes inconsistent supporting materials, such as documentation.
- Publisher used software in the development of the Product which would cause any Autodesk product to be subject to any “open source software” licensing terms (including, without limitation, under the GNU General Public License or GNU Lesser/Library GPL). “Open source software” means software which is subject to a license which requires that such software be, as a condition of use, copying, modification or redistribution, (a) disclosed or distributed in source code form, (b) licensed for the purpose of making derivative works, or (c) redistributed free of charge.
- Product gathers confidential customer data without customer permission.
- Product or Publisher misuses customer data.
- Product attempts to discover user passwords or other private user data.
- Product or supporting material misspells or misreferences the name of an Autodesk product, doesn’t correctly cite Autodesk copyrights or trademarks, or otherwise fails to comply with Autodesk’s trademark and copyright guidelines (see https://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/trademarks/guidelines-for-use and https://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/copyright-information/requesting-copyright-permissions).
- Product or related materials suggest that Autodesk is the source or supplier of the Product or otherwise endorses it.
- Product enables illegal file sharing
- Product involves gambling.
- Product or related materials are false, misleading, defamatory or fraudulent.
- Product invades another’s privacy.
- Product was developed to disgust or distress.
- Product promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or is otherwise degrading or objectionable.
- Product is or contains or accesses obscene, pornographic, indecent or otherwise objectionable content or materials.
- Product encourages, promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities (including, but not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating "crush" sites) or otherwise includes material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
- Product pertains to defense and military related technologies.
- Product is harmful to minors in any way or directed primarily at minors.
- Product fails to comply with all applicable legal requirements in any location where it is made available. It is the Publisher’s obligation to understand and conform to all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including, by way of example, export, privacy and data protection laws).
- Product establishes internet communications or web-based functionalities that are inconsistent with Autodesk’s guidelines or attempts to communicate with Autodesk or Autodesk partner web services without the required authorization or approvals of the web service provider.
If you have any questions about any of these guidelines or if your Product is rejected and you wish to discuss our decision, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any Product submission, please provide the name, text description, price (if any) and other information that Autodesk reasonably requests. After you make any changes to your Product after submission to Autodesk, you must resubmit the Product to Autodesk for review.
We thank you for your understanding and support of these guidelines, and we appreciate your efforts to deliver value to Autodesk customers.
If you have any questions or there is anything we can help you with, please let us know. We value and appreciate your feedback.
The Autodesk App Store Team