General Usage Instructions
- Create a template by pressing the button Create Template. As the Deformator works with the active sheet only, it is possible to create and use new sheets in the same Excel workbook.
- By default, nodes and load cases will be selected in Robot. However, there is a possibility to define load case numbers and node numbers directly in the Excel sheet. In this case, the respective checkboxes Select Nodes from Text and Select Load Case from Text will be switched on. Please ensure, that cells B2 and B4 are green.
- Press the button Get Coordinates to receive node coordinates for selected nodes. In the table below X1, Y1, Z1 are node coordinates from the initial “undeformed” model.
- Press the Get Displacements button to get the displacements (columns dX, dY, dZ) and new node coordinates for the “deformed” model (columns X2, Y2, Z2). Column L is for information only and contains the total displacement value based on formula:L=SQRT((x2-x1)^2 +(y2-y1)^2+(z2-z1)^2 )
- In case, if additional modification of coordinates is not required, press the Modify button to apply new coordinates X2, Y2, and Z2 for selected nodes.
- The Restore button will help to undo the changes - X1, Y1, and Z1 coordinates will be applied to the nodes in Robot.
- Also, it is possible to modify displacement values (dX, dY, dZ) using standard Excel operations and change “deformed” coordinates (X2, Y2, Z2) by pressing Update from Displacements value. After that, step 5 can be repeated.
Download the installer from the Autodesk App store 'Deformator.exe'
To install the app double click on the downloaded installer and follow the instructions.
To uninstall this plug-in through Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|