CADtoEarth™ for Autodesk® Revit® extends a family of add-ins that establish a bi-directional connection between CAD environments and Google Earth™, Google Maps™ or Cesium. The CADtoEarth add-in allows users to create personal accounts on the CADtoEarth web application and provides individual control over the visibility of uploaded data.
CADtoEarth for Autodesk Revit provides a wide range of capabilities, including an ability to:
• Import a section of surface from Google Earth or Cesium into a modeling session with an applied satellite imagery;
• Import a pre-drawn sketch from Google Earth, Google Maps, or Cesium into a modeling session;
• Get information about building layer from Google Earth or Cesium;
• Place the selected 3D structure on the imported surface within modeling session and then upload it back to Google Earth or Cesium;
• Upload the 3D structure directly from a modeling session onto Google Earth or Cesium;
• Perform the same operations on 2D objects between Revit and Google Maps;
• Convert 3D structure to 3D PDF format;
Please take a look at the following video that demonstrates a basic functionality provided by CADtoEarth:
To find the detailed information about the CADtoEarth for Revit please take a look at the following User's Guide:
About This VersionVersion 3.0, 1/28/2016
The CADtoEarth 3.0 – new version of add-in for Autodesk® Revit® establishes a bi-directional connection between CAD environment and Google Earth or Google Maps or Cesium. The new version allows users to create personal accounts on the CADtoEarth web application and provides individual control over the visibility of uploaded data.