Autodesk® Site Designer Extension for Autodesk® Revit® software helps architects, designers, and planners convey building site planning concepts to engineers. Site Designer runs inside Revit software and uses native families, components, and toposurfaces, so site designs become part of the overall model. You can model alternatives for mass grading, building pads, streets, sidewalks, parking lots, and retaining walls all within the Revit environment. More easily convert a sketched line into a street, sidewalk, curb and gutter, retaining wall or parking lot in the model. You can manipulate Site Designer components using editing tools to change their location, elevation, grade or geometry, and Site Designer automatically updates and maintains the underlying toposurface.
- Report and schedule areas, volumes, and cut and fill volumes to better understand the impact of site design changes on requirements to move or add fill.
- Iterate conceptual designs and create more realistic visuals of the building site by incorporating grading features directly into the Revit model.
- Better communicate conceptual design ideas about the building site to engineers who can then complete the detailed site design using professional civil engineering tools like Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software.
- Share the appearance of site plan designs for better communication with everyone involved in the project, including owners, architects, designers, planners and civil engineering firms.
- Share a site model between Revit and Civil 3D through Land XML files, improving collaboration between architects and engineers working on a project.
- More quickly add design elements to your site such as berms and drainage swales, minimizing the time required to mass grade a site and to try alternatives at the design development stage.
- Special terrain families within Site Designer provide you with parameters that control widths, cut and fill slopes and other projection settings.
- Locate hardscape components such as streets, intersections, sidewalks, curbs and walls that can follow the existing terrain and have controlled elevations and slopes - all while the toposurface is automatically maintained.
Looking for Site Designer 2017? Download it here: https://accounts.autodesk.com → Manage → Revit → Updates → Add-Ons