General Usage Instructions
- Group and search Components in any Library
- Create custom searchable libraries
- Preview Component Properties
- Load specific component types into the project instead of all component types
- Add custom libraries or sub-folders of libraries as a separate library. This allows the use of project-specific libraries in addition to the standard libraries provided by Autodesk.
- The re-processing feature allows update of library databases
- Library databases may be distributed among multiple workstations having access to the same library as long as it is placed in the user's roaming profile with read/write access.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
We plan to add additional functionality in the near future. Please feel free to email your suggestions to email@example.com
The Librarian requires read and write access to the user's local windows roaming profile. The app will fail if read/write is not available.
Family names should not contain characters forbidden in the windows environment for file names. Sometimes Autodesk® Revit® may allow users to change family names to include forbidden characters. Doing so will cause the app to crash.
Families in the current document may not always display in the preview. This is a limitation of the APP. All families from libraries will display after re-processing
Re-processing may take a long time depending on the size of the library. The US Imperial library may take up to 4 hours for re-processing depending on the workstation resources. We recommend re-processing standard libraries for the entire office centrally and distributing the re-processed databases to individual user profiles.
If for any reason, the Librarian panel does not appear on the screen, attempt to hide and then show the app using the Hide / Show toggle in the Addins > RUtilities menu
The Librarian will only display standard Out-Of-The-Box (OOTB) Revit libraries only if those libraries are available and listed in the Revit.ini file.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Support for 2020 Warnings display added to statistics. Add options to control the frequency of Warnings data collection to prevent excessive open times. On-demand statistics generation|