General Usage Instructions
- Sign up for an account
- Create a project, completing the steps up to Building Geometry (this is what the plugin will export)
In Autodesk® Revit®:
- Open your model
- Switch to the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon
- Select “Update Login” under the cove.tool icon and follow the prompts to enter your covetool.com login
- Select the “Switch Project” to select the cove.tool project you just created
- Select “Create cove.tool Views” to generate the 3D views for each type of geometry element
- Export individual geometry elements by selecting the relevant option in the plugin dropdown
Return to the Building Geometry step in your cove.tool project and refresh the page – the fields will now be populated and you can continue with the next steps.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Transform exported geometry to the origin point Sync rotation from North with cove.tool Ability to confirm and change building height before exporting Categorize glass roofs as skylights Include curtain wall systems in the export Do not require cove.tool login for each new document|
|Adds the ability to export interior walls and shading devices|
|Corrects an issue with generating 3D views on certain models|
|* Adds the ability to generate 3D views for exporting to cove.tool so you no longer have to select elements individually. * Corrects an issue with inaccurate curtain wall areas. * Uses True North rather than Project North to determine the orientation.|
|Suppress error dialog when invalid types are selected during the export process|
|Improved multi-user support - plugin will display warnings on a project linked to cove.tool when: 1) A user attempts to switch to a new cove.tool project or 2) When a different user attempts to link to cove.tool|
|Initial release allowing users to export building height, roof area, floor area, skylight area, wall area, and glazing area.|