General Usage Instructions
- Sign up for an account
- Create a project, completing the steps up to Building Geometry (this is what the plugin will export)
In Autodesk® Revit®:
- Open your model
- Switch to the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon
- Select “Update Login” under the cove.tool icon and follow the prompts to enter your covetool.com login
- Select “Switch Project” to select the cove.tool project you just created
- Select “Create cove.tool Views” to generate the 3D views for each type of geometry element
- Export individual geometry elements by selecting the relevant option in the plugin dropdown
Return to the Building Geometry step in your cove.tool project and refresh the page – the fields will now be populated and you can continue with the next steps.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Corrects an issue with generating 3D views on certain models|
|* Adds the ability to generate 3D views for exporting to cove.tool so you no longer have to select elements individually. * Corrects an issue with inaccurate curtain wall areas. * Uses True North rather than Project North to determine the orientation.|
|Suppress error dialog when invalid types are selected during the export process|
|Improved multi-user support - plugin will display warnings on a project linked to cove.tool when: 1) A user attempts to switch to a new cove.tool project or 2) When a different user attempts to link to cove.tool|
|Initial release allowing users to export building height, roof area, floor area, skylight area, wall area, and glazing area.|