General Usage Instructions
1. To start using Flipbook, select one object and add a keyframe by clicking on the red button on the upper left of the interface to record its location.
Objects can also follow the path of a model line by selecting both the object and the model line when creating keyframes.
2. Move the object to its new location, choose a frame for this location and add a new keyframe.
Keyframes can be modified by selecting the frame number in the frame list, then by changing the number under 'Move to'. Click its green button to make the change.
The angle of the object can be managed under 'Angle' or by rotating the object before creating the keyframe.
3. To add a keyframe to a parameter, select the object, the frame, then the parameter and click on the red button under 'Parameters' at the right to record the value.
Once the keyframe is added, the parameter value can be modified using the textbox and green button.
4. 4 types of velocity can be applied to the location, angle, and parameters.
To change it, select the higher frame between 2 frames, click on one of the velocity options and then on the green button beside it.
5. To add keyframes to cameras, first click on '3D View', select the view on the list and click on the record button (red button on the upper left of the interface)
6. To add keyframes to section boxes, select the section box and click on the principal record button then modifies the section box and record a new keyframe.
7. Export options are Images, Gif, FBX, Maxwell Render, Maxwell MXS, 3dS Max.
8. To export animations to 3ds Max, click on the 3DS MAX button, select a folder and enter a file name. Two files will be created, one .fbx format and one .ms format (Maxscript). Open 3ds Max and import the fbx file. Under the MAXScript tab, click on Run Script and select the .ms file. This script will rebuild the animation on the imported fbx objects. For now, exporting animations to 3ds Max works only with moving objects, rotating objects and objects following Model Lines.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk App store has already installed the plug-in. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer by downloading it again from Autodesk App store, and select the 'Uninstall' button, or you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
More info can also be found here:
- Flipbook should be used with only one Revit project at a time.
- Exit all other Revit projects that contains schemas before using Flipbook.
- It is recommended to use Flipbook on a copy of a Revit file to avoid possible conflicts with original positions of objects.
- If an animated object is deleted in a project while using Flipbook, simply exit Flipbook and reopen it to update the object list.
- For large Revit file, it is recommended to copy and paste animated objects on a new file and keep the static objects as an individual file.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1.0.0 Initial release|