General Usage Instructions
Use the PropertyWizard button on the Add-Ins toolbar to activate PropertyWizard and create formulas.
You activate PropertyWizard for each Revit project file individually: just click the PropertyWizard button.
The button will also launch the PropertyWizard main window, which lists the formulas you have in the project. You can add new formulas, and edit and delete your existing ones.
The Add and Edit buttons open the Formula window, where you can specify your new formula, or edit the settings of your existing formula.
Creating a formula
Each PropertyWizard formula has three parts:
- Select the Category – the formula will apply to all elements of this category.
- Type in the name of the Target Property – the parameter you want to set.
- Type in the Formula.
The Target Property should be an Instance property, not a Type property, in this version.
In this version, Target Property can be any of these data types:
- Number and Integer
In the formula, you can type in:
- Operators and Functions, like +, sin() and if().
- Numbers and Integers. Numbers have a decimal point, integers are whole numbers.
- Lengths (using the suffixes ‘mm’, ‘m’ or ‘ft’).
- Areas (using the suffix ‘sqm’ or 'sqft').
- Text strings, delimited by double-quotes.
- The literal values ‘true’ and ‘false’ (which should be typed without the quotes).
- Names of source properties. The formula will use the value of the property.
You can refer to:
- Properties of the target element.
- Nested properties of the target element (e.g. properties of a Door’s Level or a Wall’s Type).
- API properties of the target element or nested elements (i.e. properties from the Revit API).
- Project Information properties.
There is more information in the Help file, which is located here after installation:
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Uninstall the Beta version
If you have a Beta version of PropertyWizard, you have to uninstall it to enable the new version to work. Download the uninstaller from:
To manually uninstall, delete the ‘PropertyWizard.addin’ files and the ‘DWD’ folders from each of the version folders 2016 to 2019 in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Revit 2020 version added. Sqft unit added. Length and Area string formatting matches Revit Project Units setting. Help button added to main window. Bugfixes and stability improvements.|
|Bugfixes and stability improvements.|
|Improved handling of incompatible formulas. Improved UX for licensing. Improved UX for logging. Bugfixes and stability improvements.|
|Improved reporting of formula errors. Bugfixes and stability improvements.|
|App Store Preview version|