Engipedia Topo ShaperWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
When the user runs the tool, the following will happen:
1. If there are multiple instances of Topography objects, the tool will prompt the user to select one of them which will be used by the tool. If there is only one instance of Topography object, the tool will skip this step and select that Topography instance.
2. The tool will prompt the user to select one or more model lines with which to modify the topography. Model Lines must be bound, meaning they are not closed loops. If none of the lines are selected or all selected Model Lines instances are unbounded, the tool will quit. If among bounded Model Lines there are unbounded Model Lines selected, they will be ignored. To use unbounded Model Lines (for example circles and ellipses), the user should split them into 2 or more elements (by using Autodesk® Revit® split tool).
3. After successful Model Lines instances selection, the main tool window will show. In the main tool window, the user can select the division method: by a number of points per each selected line, or by distances between points on each selected line. A number of divisions must be in the range 2< n < 1000, otherwise, the tool will ignore it and set an appropriate number. The distance between points must be in the range 0 < L < Shortest Line Length. The tool will offer the shortest distance (length) of all selected Model Lines. The distance between points must be a number lower than this number, otherwise, the tool will ignore user input and choose an appropriate distance. Distance units are the same as the model units.
4. The user can save the state of the current (still unchanged) Topography for possible later use. The tool will create a CSV file with the timestamp. The file gets saved in the same folder with the model. Point coordinates are always saved in meters.
5. Clicking on the Shape Topography button will shape the selected topography by adding additional topo points along the selected model lines.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
The Add-in tool also works with Revit 2015 and newer.
Topography points CSV file which add-in tool creates can be used in any Revit version.
To export topography points into the CSV file, the Revit model must be saved first.
All the links and help are available through the add-in tool.
Contact developer via www.engipedia.com contact page.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Revised version. Minor bug fixes.|