CADS Rebar Extensions for Autodesk® Revit® - 2020Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
Automatic Reinforcement Generation
Use the Automatic Reinforcement Generation Tool to add reinforcement to RC elements (beams, columns, piles, etc.).
To generate the reinforcement:
• In Revit, select the RC structural elements that require reinforcing. If the tool is selected without any elements being selected it will automatically select all elements in the model supported by the Extensions.
• Specify parameters used when generating the reinforcement.
After the Extension generates the reinforcement, messages concerning the process of generating the reinforcement for individual elements are displayed.
Generating Reinforcement Automatically
The dialog below is displayed when one or more RC structural elements have been selected in Revit® and the Automatic Reinforcement Tool is launched.
Generate reinforcement for:
• The elements of an RC structure selected before launching the Extension.
• All RC elements in the project (except retaining walls and slab corners).
The dialog has several columns;
• Element – Name of RC structural element.
• Number – Number of elements selected.
• Reinforcement Template – Choose between default and predefined settings.
• Load Dialog – To load the relevant extension tool dialog for the RC Structure. Change the default reinforcement settings. Reinforcement for the element will be generated based on the amendments.
• Tick Option – Deselect to prevent reinforcement from being added.
Type of generated reinforcement:
Generate the reinforcement for each structural type based on either the default setting for the tool, choosing a predefined settings file or opening the dialog for the reinforcement tool.
• Default – If the reinforcement template is set to default, the reinforcement added to the structure(s) will be based on the default settings of each tool.
• Predefined File – Click on the drop-down menu in the reinforcement template column. Click on the select file option and open the predefined settings file (*.rxd). Files of preferred reinforcement layouts can be saved for each tool, this is described in the general information. Reinforcement will be generated based on these predefined settings.
Click the and buttons to expand or collapse table rows that correspond to RC elements or groups of RC elements. Use the View menu options to expand or collapse table rows.
Use the File menu options to manage template files that automatically generate the reinforcement:
• Load templates – Use this dialog to load/manage the template files used by the automatic reinforcement tool.
To search for existing templates, you can use the following options from the above dialog:
• Select files - Loads templates from a selected location. The files are added to the list in the dialog.
• Browse folder - Selects a folder on the disk which contains reinforcement templates. The templates found in the folder are added to the list in the above dialog.
To generate the reinforcement:
Click OK at the bottom of the dialog to generate reinforcement for selected (or for all) RC elements.
Note: After generating the reinforcement, any user-defined settings are not saved in the Extension.
Note: You can generate the reinforcement for all RC elements except retaining walls and slab corners.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Version 20.3.54 for Revit 2020.|
|Version 20.1.27 for Revit 2020.|