General Usage Instructions
Connect to your bimsync® account.
- Click on Login
- A browser will open, prompting for your bimsync® credentials
- Click on "Allow access" to allow the plugin to access your bimsync® account
Upload your model to bimsync®
- Click on Upload
- Select the bimsync® project and the bimsync® model and where to upload your Autodesk® Revit® file
- Select an existing IFC Export configuration or use the bimsync® default
- Type a comment to describe your upload
- Click on Upload
The plugin will export your model as an IFC file, then upload it to the selected bimsync® model. This model will be saved in your Revit file to be remembered for the next upload.
Setup your IFC Export settings
The default export setup (<bimsync Setup>) will work fine with bimsync®. However, if you want another export setup, you can create a new one by using the Revit IFC Export interface:
- Click on Revit->Export->IFC to open the IFC Export window
- Click on Modify Setup
- Create a new IFC Export setup and click on OK
- Close the IFC Export window without exporting
This new setup will be available in on Upload.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
This plugin is developed by BIM 42, and is not endorsed by Catenda. This plugin is open source under the MIT Licence, you can find the source on Github.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Support for Autodesk® Revit® 2019 Version|