Section View Aligner 2018Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Before using the plugin for the first time, confirm that the default preferences stored in the Options menu are correct.
- Using the desired mode outlined in the manual, or as described in the options menu, start the plugin. For convenience, this has been outlined below:
- Create New Sections (if one is not pre-selected):
1. This option cannot be enabled at the same time as Emulate native Autodesk® Revit® alignment.
2. Usage: Ensure that a section line is not pre-selected before starting the plugin. Start the plugin, and then select the desired edge or face. A new section line will be created that is aligned with the selected edge or face, and element.
- Pre-select section line before starting plugin:
1. Usage: Select a section line before starting the plugin. Start the plugin, and then select the desired edge or face. The pre-selected section line will be aligned to the selected edge or face, and element.
- Emulate native Revit alignment command selection procedure:
1. This option cannot be enabled at the same time as Create New Sections.
2. Usage: Start the plugin, and then select the desired edge or face. Now select the desired section view to be aligned with the selected edge or face, and element.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Section View Aligner
Quickly and easily align a new or existing section line to a face or edge.
A place to store and change user preferences for Section View Aligner.
View information about the developer and or Section View Aligner.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
The plugin will try to calculate the correct alignment angle and location based on the selected edge/face, and element. On some complex families, it has been observed that the alignment location can be incorrect if the selected edge or face resides within a nested family instance that happens to be identical (same Reference) as the parent element. This may or may not be constrained to nested Autodesk® AutoCAD® (dwg) files.
Example: There is a family instance (Mechanical Equipment) which has an AutoCAD import loaded into the family. This imported object is a series of nestings upon itself. If one of those edges or faces of the nested import dwg is selected, Section View Aligner may be unable to determine the correct edge or face that was selected by the user.
Users can contact BrownstoneBIM@gmail.com for support inquiries.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Fixed bug that occurred when trying to align a section on linked 2D objects.|