bimU.io Viewer, English
General Usage Instructions
Fully Functional Design Review Tool
What's more than a 3D visualization tool? bimU.io viewer is natively built for reviewing engineering design in the Cloud. It includes everything you need to interrogate BIM data, such as versatile 3D navigation tools, a cloud-hosted BIM database, an interoperable markup view, etc. bimU.io transforms your BIM model to a lightweight BIM format that is blazingly fast and smooth over the internet and available on all your devices. What you really need is just a modern web browser!
Sharing BIM Made Easy
Sharing a BIM model with your teams has never been so easy. Generating a password-protected link is safe and quick. You can also view a bimU.io hosted model from other applications, such as a project site or a collaboration workspace, by inserting an embed code. bimU.io Viewer is fully-managed. No additional server or account management work is required. You can log in to bimU.io with your company or organizational account. And most importantly, you have full control over your BIM models.
Seamless Integration with Authoring Software
Currently, supported BIM authoring tools and file-formats include Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Navisworks®, Trimble Tekla Structures, and IFC (Industry Foundation Classes). bimU.io is backed by the so-called Pluginless technology that is made to exchange data with BIM software without leaving the web browser. You only have to work with one single user interface! Isn't this brilliant? A 3D model view can be uploaded directly from any supported BIM software via a browser. By opening a saved viewpoint attached to a markup, bimU.io can navigate you to the same location in any of the supported BIM software, too.
- Cross-platform across all devices, including desktop, tablet, phone, etc.
- A variety of 3D navigation tools, such as orbit, rotate, pan, zoom, zoom to fit, zoom to selection, section box, the section around a selection, hide elements, measuring tools, fullscreen mode, etc.
- Create markups with free-hand drawings, comments, and a saved camera viewpoint.
- Query BIM data on the fly without downloading the whole database, including element properties, document properties, project information, file metadata, etc.
- Upload a partial or entire model with current view settings from BIM software with the "Pluginless" technology.
- Open a saved viewpoint in bimU.io 3D viewer or navigate to the same location in BIM software.
- Upload open standard IFC files directly via browser.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) support via Google OAuth and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Share a BIM model publicly or with a password-protected link.
- Embed a BIM model in other software, such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, or your own website.
- Real-time browser notification and email notification.
- Categorize models by colored labels.
bimU.io Support Centre provides different types of help:
- FAQ: You can find a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and answers.
- Community Forum: Participate in discussion and look for advice in our community forum.
- Service Desk: Please report a problem by logging a support ticket. Our customer service representatives will be in touch to sort your issue.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Support the latest version of BIM tools including Autodesk® Revit® 2022, Autodesk® Navisworks® 2022, Tekla Structures 2020, Solibri 9.12.1 Sync viewpoint between Solibri and bimU.io. Bug fixes.|