Comsense BIM ToolsWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Comsense Bim Tools is an add-in for Autodesk® Revit®. Revit is the leading tool for BIM building modeling. The Comsense Bim Tools allow a Revit user to import opening and product information provided by their Architectural Opening Consultant or Architectural Opening Distributor into their Revit building model in a non-destructive manner.
Once installed, you will find a new tool group on the Add-ins ribbon in Revit. There are two tools in the group. The first tool is used to Import product information into your model, and the second is used to remove previously imported product information.
To import product information from your partner:
- Save the project .comopen extension file received, to a convenient location on your computer.
- Open the Revit project you will import the product information into.
- Click the Import button on the Add-ins ribbon.
- The Import Comsense Data window appears, click Browse to locate the .comopen file you saved to your computer earlier.
- Click Read Parameters to begin working with the selected file.
- You are presented with the name of the project that your partner included in their export file, as well as the name of the partner organization who created the file. Below this is a series of parameters with check boxes. These parameters represent the various pieces of information about each door that can be imported. Check the box for each parameter you would like to import.
- For Schedule Name, you can optionally enter the name of a schedule to be created for you automatically using each of the selected parameters.
- If you would like to save your selected parameters for use on your next import, and avoid the effort of manually selecting specific parameters at each import, use the Save Global Defaults option. This will store the currently selected parameters for your user profile.
- To re-use your previously saved parameters, use the Select Global Defaults option to load your selections from your user profile.
- Once you have the desired properties selected, and Schedule Name set, click Import.
- The add-in will process the contents of the file and present a message once it is complete.
- With a door instance selected in your Revit model, you will now see the additional parameters added to the door.
- Additionally, if you specified a Schedule Name, you will find the new schedule listed under schedules in the Revit project browser.
To remove product information from your model:
- Click the Remove button in the Add-in ribbon.
Creating the .Comopen File:
Your Architectural Opening Consultant or Architectural Opening Distributor partner creates the Comopen data file for you using an export feature within the Comsense Opening Suite software. Your partner simply chooses the project they want to export and the .comopen file is created at their desired location, from which they can then send to you via email attachment or any other means.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Updated for 2019.|