Material Path LiteWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Open add-in in project or family environment. It will list all materials which have bitmap file paths. Double click on file path, it will bring up opening file dialogue for you to choose new file. After choosing, the column will be in green background, which means it is ready to be applied. Or you can have two separate clicks on same file path, it will activate text editing in the cell. Hitting "Apply" button, it will apply new paths to the material. Before hitting the "Apply" button, all file paths are the same in project, which means you can hit "Reload" button to reset all pre-edited paths if you are not satisfied.
You can open material browser by double clicking on the material name in Material column. If the material browser is already open, double click on the material name in add-in's form again, it will put material name in material browser's search box which can help you to find the material quickly.
For relative paths created by using Autodesk® Revit® Option-Rendering-Additional render appearance paths, this add-in can test their validity. When you open this add-in, those paths may show in invalid state, that is because those assets are not been updated by user. They are just temporary paths during each Revit session, if you remove Additional render appearance paths in Option, it will show the real paths in assets. Most of time, they are invalid. By using ‘Test RenderPath’ function, this add-in can automatically detect the correct valid paths for those assets. If succeed, they will show in white background, which means they are valid. This add-in also provides extra function for you to export or import your Additional render appearance paths by extracting data from Revit.ini or insert data into it. It is very useful when you need to transfer your rendering settings to new station. It’s located on top strip menu named “RenderAppearancePaths”.
You can delete material by just right click on Material's name in Material column and choose delete from menu. Or you can use “Delete Material” button to delete all checked materials. Please be noted, deleting material doesn't means the asset related to also be deleted. If it is shared asset, the missing path will still be in project. It will show up after reload. This add-in only loads unique asset, which means if anther material uses same asset, it won't be loaded into the form. For the sake of editing speed, you would not like to edit same asset more than once.
There are Four settings in Setting dropdown list.
1. AONE Tab: let you choose to use our ribbon tab or just default Add-in ribbon tab. It will take effect on next session of Revit. to include default Revit preset materials inside your project, which have not been modified by user.
3. Include Default Material: to include default Revit preset materials inside your project, which have not been modified by user.
4. File Search Speed: By default, it is set on Fast. But if your network environment is complex or your equipment is not fast enough, you might need to set it at Mid or Slow. Otherwise, it may give false information about the validation of file path.
There are two extra functions in RenderAppearancePaths dropdown list.
1. Export from Revit: export Additional render appearance paths by extracting data from Revit.ini and saving as separate *.ini file. The preset name would be “User name”+Revit version+RenderPaths.ini.
2. Import into Revit: import Additional render appearance paths from your custom *.ini into Revit.ini. It will take effect in next session of Revit. It will also backup the original Revit.ini as Revit_Backup.ini in the same directory.
Tips: For editing large project in complex network environment in 2020 and prior version, it would be better finishing editing all missing paths before hit apply button. Because it will take longer time to start processing the first material. Sometimes, take more than 2 to 5 mins, it depends on how complex network environment your computer is in, especially when the original paths start with //192.168... If it is hanging there, it's not dead, just need more time and patient. But after that, the rest of materials may be processed more smoothly.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- Added Exporting custom bitmap files function.|
|- Added Revit 2022 support|
|- First Public Version|