General Usage Instructions
- Ensure the Active document within Autodesk® Revit® is the Family into which the shared parameters are to be copied.
- To open the application, select the button "Copy Family Shared Parameters" within the “Copy Shared Parameters” Panel of the Add-Ins Ribbon Tab.
- This will open the dialog “Copy Family Shared Parameters” .
- Use the Browse button to open the folder containing the Revit family documents. This opens all the families within that folder. This will improve long-term efficiency
- From the drop down select the family with the shared parameters to be copied.
- This will load all the shared parameters within the selected family and automatically select them.
- To aid identification of specific shared parameters, two filters can be applied individually or combined.
- Use the Filter list to filter by Type or Instance binding.
- Use the Name filter to filter the name by text string.
- You can also check individual items or use the "Check All" radio button.
- Selecting the "Copy Selected" button adds all the selected shared parameters to the Revit active Family document.
- Feedback is provided throughout the process .
- You can amend the binding Type or Instance.
- You also can amend the group the shared parameters are displayed under.
If the selected Family from the drop down was created in a later version than the currently open Revit a warning will be displayed stating the family cannot be opened and will be removed from the drop down for the duration of the current session. The family is not removed from the folder and will be displayed within the drop down the next time the app is opened.
To improve efficiency it is recommended that all the Revit families that are utilized as templates for your in-house Families are stored in one folder location. This will save you even more time when you run the app as all the templates will be loaded into the select template drop down.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 10/11) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Revit 2024 Update