3D GridlinesWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Simply click on the 3D Gridlines ribbon button in the OTBIM tab, and you will be asked for the following selections:
- Choose to use the included family or one of your own. (Generic model - line based family with a text parameter to accept the grid name)
- Select one or more levels using standard Windows Ctrl & Shift selection.
- If you want your 3D grids to be above or below each of the selected levels, enter an offset value. Offset values can accept standard Autodesk® Revit® units measurements.
- If you choose to use your own custom family, select which parameter should be mapped to the grid name parameter.
There are 2 included types in the standard OTB family:
- 2D & 3D Grids - In addition to the 3D grids for model coordination, this type also has annotations at selected intervals along the gridlines for easy reference in plan views.
- 3D Only - Hides the annotation markers in plan views. 3D grids are visible in fine detail views, and export to NWC for coordination.
The included family has the following user parameters to customize:
- 3D Grid Height - Default 4" - Controls the height of the 3D letters in your model.
- 3D Grid Spacing - Default 10' - Controls the approximate spacing for the 3D (and 2D) grid markers.
- Line Size - Default 1/8" - Controls the size of the "line" extrusion in the model.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Launches dialog for user selections: Family & Type of inserted 3D grid, Parameter to assign grid name, Level(s) to insert grids, and offset above or below level(s). This will insert the selected family along the entire 3D extents of each gridline in the project once for each selected level.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
This application includes a generic line based family located here:
%PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Downloaded Content\On Target BIM 3D Gridlines.content\OTBIM\20XX\OTB-GM-3D_Grid.rfa. <- Replace 20XX with your Revit version.
Feel free to customize this family. (Do not rename it) It will be automatically loaded into your project from this location. If your project already has a family of the same name, the project version will be used instead.
|Version Number||Version Description|