General Usage Instructions
- To open the application, select the button "Cleaner" within the “Cleaner” panel of the Add-ins Ribbon Tab.
- Dependent on the type of document you are cleaning you will either see the Cleaner Dialog (see image – 1) or if the document is a Central File or a Local File you will receive the “Warning Dialog” (see image – 2).
- Select all the items to remove from the document then press the “Clean” button (see image – 3).
- A Warning dialog is displayed (see image – 4).
- Upon completion of the clean, a dialog is displayed identifying how many items were removed (see image – 5).
CENTRAL or LOCAL FILE
If the document is a Central or Local file create a copy following the instructions outlined on the “Warning Dialog” or alternatively check the checkbox to confirm the file is a copy (see image – 2).
There are two default settings (see image – 6) which can be selected and preserved by pressing the “Save Default Settings” button.
EXPAND ALL will automatically expand the tree view when the Project Cleaner first opens.
OPEN PURGE ON CLOSE will automatically open the Revit Purge dialog when the Cleaner is closed.
- The Cleaner makes no distinction between items that are used or not, therefore, care should be taken when selecting items to Clean.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 10/11) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
In accordance with best practice, access to clean Local Files has been restricted.
It is recommended that all Local Files are synchronized and closed, and the Central File is cleaned before new Local Files are created.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Revit 2024 Update|