CAD Files Explorer 2020Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
CAD Files Explorer is best used when:
- You want an overview of how many CAD files have been placed into the Revit model and whether there are duplicates;
- You want to see & check all views & sheets where a particular CAD file is visible;
- You want to check if CAD files linked or imported into Revit as “Current View Only” are still visible in their parent views;
- You have several redundant imported or linked CAD files in the model which are hard to find to remove; or
- You need to tidy up the list of Imported Categories by removing not only CAD file instances but also their family types.
- You want to know which loaded families in your model contain imported CAD files.
Once activated, CAD Files Explorer will present a window which stays on top of Revit. You still have full access to the model with this window opened on the side.
To accommodate the above use cases above, the app lets you:
- View the CAD INSTANCE REPORT tab to see all CAD files in the model. Click column headers to sort the table and easily see duplicates.
- See in the VISIBILITY REPORT tab a list of all views & sheets where a particular CAD file is visible. The app can then open each view or sheet for further checking.
- Check the “Visible in Parent View” column to find view-specific CAD files which no longer show in their parent views. These can be removed in the next step.
- Click the Show button for a CAD file you consider redundant to select and see it in a good view. You can then delete it as you normally do.
- Switch to the CAD LINK TYPE REPORT tab to see family types Revit uses for these CAD files. To delete a type & all its instances in the model, click the Delete button on its line. This removal can always be undone.
- Do a family scan from the FAMILY SCAN tab which will list all loaded families in the model which contain imported CAD files. Each node on the tree view represents a family or CAD file at its nesting level.
By default, the first 2 reports will update as CAD files are added or removed either by the app or yourself. If you are in a big Revit model with lots of CAD files inside and these updates take long to finish, untick the “LIVE REPORT UPDATE” box. To update these reports manually, close and reopen the app.
Once finished checking all CAD files, you can close the app window. Otherwise, it will close automatically when the Revit model is closed.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
CAD Files Explorer
Launch CAD Files Explorer to instantly generate 4 reports: - The CAD INSTANCE REPORT: shows all linked or imported DWGs, DWFs, SATs, SKPs & DGNs in the model with their key attributes & buttons to either select & see each one in a good view or to delete it. - The CAD LINK TYPE REPORT: shows Revit's file type for all linked or imported DWGs, DWFs, SATs, SKPs & DGNs with their key attributes & a button to delete each type along with all its instances in the model. - The VISIBILITY REPORT: shows all views and sheets where a particular CAD file is visible. You can then use 2 buttons on this tab to open each view and sheet. - The FAMILY SCAN report: After a complete scan, lists all loaded families in the model which contain imported CAD files. Each node on the tree view represents a family or CAD file at its nesting level.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Please use the Help button in the app’s window to access a detailed user instruction & tutorial clips.
For other queries & suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Family Scan feature added.|