JT Exporter for Autodesk® Revit® - TrialWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Download and install the app.
- Launch Revit and Load a model.
- There’s an ‘Add-ins’ tab on the ribbon bar. It contains the following ribbon buttons as shown in the image below: ‘Export', ‘Preference’, and 'About Us'.
- Click on the ‘Export’ button to export the model to .jt file.
- This will launch save as dialog in which you can specify the directory and filename of your choice.
- From preferences, you can set the options for the output file. The options are as follows:-
- Write Out Point Bodies (Points) - By default, points are not exported to JT. Check this to write out points.
- Write B-Rep Data - The typical JT file will contain only the Visualization model (Viz-Rep); however, the JT format also supports the storage of true CAD geometry (B-Rep). By default, we write the Viz-Rep version of the model as this is extremely fast and is also what the typical user is looking for. Checking the "Write B-Rep Data" will instruct the plugin to include the B-Rep data in the JT file.
- JT Version Number - By default, we write out JT version 9.0 to address the largest group of current users. However, JT versions 6.4 through 10.5 are supported.
- JT Faceting Options: Please note that the ANY faceting option listed here is relative to Visualization Representation (V-Rep) JT files ONLY. For JT files with B-Reps we use the JT Open recommended option "JtkSMART_LODS" in our translator, which automatically creates several LODs based on the B-Rep data. With B-Rep JT files it is presumed that the applications importing them will use the B-Rep data to generate a faceted mesh on the importing application side and thus faceting options are irrelevant.
- Reset Defaults - Click this button to reset to default settings for JT.
7. About Us' button displays information about the company, product, and license details.
To work this plugin with Revit, it is mandatory to have the Prototech Plugin Engine installed on your system machine. The installer of JTExporterforRevit will install plug-in engine if it is not installed and further it will install JTExporterforRevit.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Note:- Uninstallation of the Plugin Engine is done separately. It can be done from the Control Panel.
1.Export of Polymesh type entities is not supported.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1.Export of VizRep and Brep JT models supported. 2.VizRep JT can be exported with a different facet resolution. 3.JT Export from version from 6.4 to 10.5 is supported.|